Need Help Hiring Now?
Looking For Work?
Hiring skilled trades workers in a tight labor market presents unique challenges. As demand for these roles skyrockets, finding the right fit for your company can become daunting and time-consuming. Three common recruitment strategies often come into play: headhunting, using staffing agencies, and the DIY method. Each one has its benefits but also carries significant trade-offs. At Classet, we are reshaping the landscape of trades hiring by incorporating the best recruiting methods, enabling you to overcome recruitment challenges.
Common Approaches for Recruiting in Skilled Trades:
- Head Hunters or Recruiting Agencies: Their expertise can significantly simplify hiring, but high finder fees can quickly inflate costs. Such an arrangement can also lead to high turnover.
- Staffing or Subcontractors: These offer flexibility and reduce the burden of managing payroll and workers' compensation taxes. However, costs can escalate due to markups on the hourly wage, and the worker's experience may suffer.
- DIY Hiring via Job Boards, Referrals, and Social Media: A cost-effective option allowing greater control over the hiring process. It can be time-consuming and does not eliminate costs associated with job ghosting or job board inconsistencies.
The Drawbacks of Each Approach
- Headhunters or recruiting agencies typically charge a 15% - 20% finders fee on the trades worker's yearly salary. This can come out to be $20k+ in fees which is a massive deterrent to hiring someone unless you know they will be a rockstar. Many diamond-in-the-rough candidates are missed out on due to this model's high upfront investment cost.
- Using staffing or subcontractors provides flexibility but can be costly and may not provide the best experience for workers with an added payroll intermediary. There is typically a 50%+ markup on the hourly wage as they bear the payroll and workers comp tax burden.
- DIY recruiting through job boards and referrals lets you have complete control of the candidate funnel and quality, but you have to make recruiting follow-up and screening a daily task which is expensive if you count your time as a sunk cost.
- All these approaches have limitations on scaling up or down as business demand increases or slow down.
Classet's Goal & Innovative Approach To Recruiting
- Provide the best of all three approaches to make hiring quicker than ever without the high time or cost burden.
- Deliver a predictable number of qualified candidates meeting your company's requirements monthly. You only need to talk to qualified candidates.
- Zero hiring or finders fees
The Classet Solution: Quick, Inexpensive, and Predicable
- Quality of Candidates: We post your jobs on 100+ job boards, so we are able to optimize candidate volume every month.
- Flexibility: Borrowing from the staffing model, we can scale the number of candidates per month up or down according to your business demands.
- Cost Savings: Since we have no hiring or finders fees, you can make a hire for under $500 if you contact them quickly.
- Time Savings: We phone screen thousands of candidates per month for you, so you are only talking to candidates who pass your screening criteria and make sure your job is a mutual fit. Prescreening reduces hours of unqualified phone calls and interview ghosting that the DIY hiring model suffers from, so you save hours of time each week.
By doing so, Classet aims to offer a comprehensive solution that addresses the limitations and drawbacks of the other approaches.