Need Help Hiring Now?
Looking For Work?
Classet, an innovative educational and recruiting platform, is at the forefront of a significant shift in the skilled trades industry. We are dedicated to tackling one of the most pressing issues in today's labor market – the growing shortage of skilled trades workers. In our latest endeavor, we've teamed up with Nolan Consulting Group to explore this challenge and offer tangible solutions.
🔨 Episode Highlights:
- A Doubling Dilemma: Over 20 years, the workforce aged 55+ in trades has doubled. This signals an impending crisis in skilled trades availability.
- The Education Gap: There's a significant challenge in guiding non-college-bound students towards lucrative trades careers.
- A New Approach Needed: Classet and Nolan Consulting Group explore innovative strategies to introduce high school students to the trades, emphasizing hands-on careers' economic and career growth potential.
💡 Key Insights:
- The Local Connection: Success in trades starts with local knowledge. One teacher's connection can set a student on a successful path.
- The Need for Resources: We discuss creating accessible, low-maintenance resources for educators to guide students toward trades careers.
- Modern Messaging: Utilizing short videos and direct communication to align with how students consume information today.
The Current Landscape
The skilled trades sector is facing a crisis. As highlighted in our recent podcast with Nolan Consulting Group, the percentage of the workforce aged 55 and older in trades has doubled over the past 20 years. This aging demographic points towards an imminent shortage of skilled workers. Furthermore, there's a notable gap in guiding young, non-college-bound students towards these viable and lucrative career paths.
At Classet, we understand that the solution lies in education and outreach. We're focusing our efforts on high schools, asking the pivotal question, "What are you doing to support your non-college-bound students?" The varied responses underscore the need for a structured approach to introduce students to trades careers.
Localized Knowledge and Networking
We emphasize the importance of local connections in the trades industry. A single teacher or counselor's knowledge of the local market can set a student on a successful trades career path. It's about creating a network that supports and guides young talent.
Accessible and Engaging Resources
Creating accessible resources for educators is crucial. Our goal is to develop off-the-shelf materials that are easy to implement and resonate with students. These resources include short-term videos and content focusing on the benefits and earning potentials in the trades, packaged in a way that appeals to the modern student.
Modern Messaging for a New Generation
Understanding how today's youth consume information is key. Our approach includes leveraging technology and social media to communicate the opportunities in skilled trades effectively. This modern messaging aligns with the technological inclinations of the younger generation, making trades careers more attractive and accessible.
"Out of the Hourglass": A Conversation for Change
Our recent podcast episode on "Out of the Hourglass" with Nick Jones and Johnny Rooney from Classet and experts from Nolan Consulting Group delved deep into these issues. The discussion illuminated the need to help businesses grow their workforce by attracting high-quality candidates, while also providing training and resources for the next generation of skilled trade workers.
The Classet Difference
What sets Classet apart in this mission is our commitment to not just talk about change, but to actively be a part of it. Our platform is designed to connect potential talent with careers in skilled trades, addressing the gap right from the educational roots.
- Educational Partnerships: By collaborating with high schools, we aim to provide students with the knowledge and skills needed to pursue a career in trades.
- Resource Development: Developing easy-to-use, engaging educational materials for teachers and students is a key part of our strategy.
- Career Pathways: We focus on creating clear, accessible pathways into trades careers, offering guidance and support at every step.
The Future is Hands-On
The skilled trades industry offers immense potential – not just in terms of career opportunities, but also in economic stability and growth. At Classet, we believe that by changing the narrative around trades jobs and providing the right resources and support, we can open up a world of opportunities for the next generation.
Join Us in This Mission
We invite educators, industry professionals, and students to join us in this journey. Whether it’s by utilizing our resources, participating in our programs, or simply spreading the word, every effort counts towards building a skilled, robust workforce for the future.
Together, let's shape a future where skilled trades are not just a career choice, but a preferred and celebrated path.