Need Help Hiring Now?
Looking For Work?
Wind Turbine Technician
Wind turbine technician is a green energy career and one of the fastest growing job in America! The wind power industry is expected to grow rapidly in the coming years, especially with more offshore wind farms being built. Wind turbine technicians are well paid, because they need to be able to work at heights and use specialized equipment. These are also careers that are in high demand in the renewable energy field. As you can see, this is a career that will help the environment while getting paid well!
Solar Panel Installer
If you’re looking for this job, you should be prepared to:
- Work at heights and work outdoors on roofs
- Have a valid driver’s license (you are often driving out to remote locations)
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Be able to lift 50 pounds
This job requires working in all weather conditions, so you must also be able to work outside on sunny and rainy days alike.
Nuclear Plant Technicians
Nuclear engineers are the people who power our world. They help install new nuclear reactors, analyze data from existing reactors, and more. Nuclear technicians have an average of 10 years' experience before they become managers or directors—and there's no shortage of opportunities in this field right now: according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), job growth for nuclear technicians is expected to be 12% between 2016 and 2026.*
- What kind of training do you need?*
Nuclear engineers need a bachelor's degree in engineering or physics; if you don't have those prerequisites already then consider taking courses at community college while working full time as an apprentice or technician at a company like General Electric or Westinghouse Electric Company before applying for university programs like MIT where they offer accelerated 3-year degrees that combine undergraduate education with practical training throughout their curriculum.*What does it mean when someone says that "there are too many jobs available" but there aren't enough people qualified? What does this mean for me?*
Geothermal drillers work to find steam, hot water and hot rocks that can be used to create electricity. They must be trained in many skills, including first aid and CPR, as well as drilling techniques. Geothermal energy is a renewable energy source that can be used to heat homes and businesses. However, the job of drilling for these resources is dangerous and requires a lot of training before anyone can do it safely and effectively.
Biomass Power Plant Operator
Biomass power plants use organic matter as fuel, such as wood, crop waste, and other organic materials. Biomass power plants generate electricity by burning biomass in a boiler to produce steam. The steam drives a turbine that is connected to an electrical generator. The biomass is fed through boilers at high pressure and temperature which converts it into superheated high-pressure steam. This can then be used to drive steam turbines or turbo generators directly or indirectly with the help of intermediate heat exchangers.
Biomass power plants produce electricity and use renewable energy sources, making them environmentally friendly options for generating electricity on your own property or for selling excess power back to the grid
Hydrogen Fuel Cell Technician
Hydrogen fuel cells are becoming increasingly popular as a source of clean energy, but what is a hydrogen fuel cell? In short, it's an electrochemical device that converts the chemical energy from hydrogen gas into electricity through a process called electrolysis. This technology has several advantages over other types of renewable energy like solar and wind power:
- Fuel cells can be used to store excess electricity generated during peak hours for later use when demand is highest. For example, if you've got solar panels on your roof that produce more electricity than you need during the day while you're at work, using your home's grid-tied system will allow any excess power to be stored in an attached battery pack or used immediately by charging an electric car overnight using regenerative braking (the same principle behind regenerative braking on hybrid vehicles). If you have no need for this extra energy but there's still plenty being produced by your solar panels right now (or perhaps even too much), then it makes sense to sell that excess back into the grid instead of having it go unused and waste away—especially since fossil fuels are burnt up in order produce those fossil fuels!
Renewable Energy Project Manager
The renewable energy project manager manages the development of renewable energy projects, which can be wind farms, solar plants or geothermal power plants. He or she will work with companies that are developing these projects and make sure they meet their deadlines. This person also keeps track of costs throughout the process.
The skills you need for this job include:
- Experience in project management
- Experience working with people from different backgrounds
- An understanding of how businesses operate
Green Energy careers are hiring
Green energy is growing. In fact, it's growing fast! In the United States alone, solar power jobs have increased 162% in the past five years and wind turbine technicians are expected to experience a growth rate of 30% from 2016 through 2020.
The same trend can be seen in other countries as well. For example, green careers in the UK grew at an average rate of 6% per year between 2013 and 2017—and this is just for renewables alone (which does not include other forms of clean technology).
In Canada it’s even better news: green job growth were almost double the national average at 10%.