Technician, Industrial Electronics/Animation (Ride & Robotics) - Universal Epic Universe
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for preventative and corrective maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of animation, special effects, and ride/show control and electrical systems. Install, maintain, test, troubleshoot and repair industrial electrical equipment.
- Performs preventative and predictive maintenance as prescribed by OEM and UO Engineering specifications. This includes changing time-limited parts, calibrating equipment per OEM specifications and cleaning, lubricating, and maintaining equipment. Installs, services, and repairs electrical wiring, fixtures and other electrical components.
- Completes inspections and creates necessary work orders for discrepancies found. Performs electrical tests and inspections including measuring continuity, current, voltage and resistance of electrical and electronic systems. Follows correct chain of command to notify appropriate management when necessary.
- Performs repairs to equipment due to safety, reliability, or show quality issues found during PM’s, inspections or downtimes to improve ride reliability and show quality. Ensures that electrical systems are properly grounded and maintained in accordance with OEM and Engineering specifications. Responds to and assists in recovery and repair of attractions and show effects as needed.
- Troubleshoots down to failed component using multiple forms of test equipment, schematics, prints and other resources. Troubleshoots systems to root cause. Troubleshoot, maintain, repair, test and install electrical motors, generators, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical control systems.
- Performs modifications of electrical systems per UO Engineering or OEM specifications and direction.
- Enters follow-up work orders for all discrepancies found. Documents all findings and work performed throughout the process of troubleshooting and performing repairs. Reports labor in Maximo for all work performed.
- Completes PQS qualification of assigned venues. Trains new technicians to do venue-specific PM work orders, recovery procedures and processes.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SCOPE: Responsible for inspection, troubleshooting and repair of animation, special effects and ride and show control systems resort wide.
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED is Required; Technical school is Preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 3-5 Years: Experience in troubleshooting and repair of complex electro-mechanical systems, as well as hydraulic and mechanical systems either in the theme park industry or other industrial industries; Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Valid Florida Driver’s License - required to operate company vehicles.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2024 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Orlando At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.