This job posting has expired, no longer accepting applications, or has been filled.
Security Alarm Installer
Be part of the future!
We are one team, dedicated to working collaboratively to create the purposeful solutions that propel the world forward. We hope you will join our diverse team of top people – you bring your talent, and we’ll give you the space and opportunities to grow and succeed. We are committed to make a difference.
What we offer:
· Competitive Starting Pay
· Paid Training
· Global Advancement Opportunities
· Company Vehicle (as applicable)
· Referral Bonuses
· Comprehensive Benefits
· Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
· Health Savings Account (HSA)
· Life Insurance
· 401(k) savings plan with company match
· Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
· Employee Assistance Program
· Wellness Program
· And More!
What you will do
Perform Installation, configuration, testing and troubleshooting activities on Intrusion Alarm Systems, Access Control, CCTV, Intercom, Network infrastructure; PA Systems, Fire Alarm, and other PC based Systems.
How you will do it
- Perform installation and verification activities on Security related equipment for large installations, including installing, testing and commissioning
- Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, schematics, submittals, and specifications
- Complete “As Built” drawings upon the completion of the project
- Complete reports for submission to customers and carry out system acceptance tests with AHJ’s and other interested parties
- Maintain up to date knowledge of various product lines
- Consult with Clients to assess risk and to determine Security requirements
- Participate in rotation on-call schedule
What we look for Required
- Must have working knowledge of equipment application, compatibility, mounting techniques, programming, and testing
- Completion of Electronic Technician program or equivalent experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver's license; must be able to pass driving background check
- Preference will be given to those who have IT standards and network topology experience
- Experience supporting the implementation of analog, hybrid and IP CCTV systems, access control systems, intercom systems, wireless, intrusion systems, and fire alarm systems
- Must have working knowledge of local and national codes for inspection and test purposes
- Demonstrated ability to program basic operations on micro-processor based systems without supervision
- Proficient in the operation of computers and knowledgeable on MS operating systems (including Windows 2000 Server). Ability to configure PC hardware and application programs
- Computer Network Experience and Qualifications would be a strong asset to this position
- Experience working in the construction industry and construction management
- Experience in the design or design assist in low voltage applications is desirable
- Understand technical system architecture
- Strong troubleshooting skills with working knowledge of electronic test equipment
- Good communication skills and solid understanding of communication protocol
- Excellent customer service
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view more information about your equal opportunity and non-discrimination rights as a candidate, visit EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit here.
Johnson Controls International At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.