Plant Operator (Salcha, AK), Competitive Benefits
Posted: Tuesday, 12/12/2023
At Orica, it’s the power of our people that leads change and shapes our futures. Every day, all around the world, our people help mobilise vital resources essential to progress. Established in 1874, we have grown to become the world leader in mining and civil blasting with a diverse of team of more than 13,000 across the world.
It’s an exciting time to join us – we are shaping the future of mining through digital and automated technologies, embracing new ways of thinking, pioneering innovation and reimagining the way we work.
Orica USA Inc. has been recognized as one of the top companies for women to work for in the transportation industry by the Women in Trucking Association (WIT) in 2023.
About the role - Plant Operator (Salcha, AK)
Plant Operator will operate the emulsion plant as well as support the efficient and effective operations in the magazine area to dispatch and receive finished products, detonators, tubing, and raw materials in accordance with the national code for the transport of explosives by road and rail and established Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality standards.
- Monday thru Friday
- Every nine weeks required to be on call
- Work 10-12 hour days
- Early morning starts at 7:30 am
What you will be doing
- Ensures that the Distribution Safety schedule is met, and adequate feedback is provided to Distribution Operators.
- Manages machinery and equipment breakdowns to minimize business interruption
- Ensures communication of post goods issue progress.
- Liaises with site Distribution to ensure documentation flows in a timely manner to meet scheduled requirements.
- Manages explosives limits within the magazines as required by the Explosives Regulations
- Ensures accuracy of operation of the magazine inventory
- Ensures cost effective and timely delivery of product.
- Establish cost effective working relationships with distribution contractors.
- Delivers agreed level of service.
- Ensure magazines and inventories are compliant with regulatory requirements.
What you will bring
- Operating equipment and front end loader experience is a plus
- Tractor trailer driving experience is a plus
- Mechanical experience, working with hand tools is a plus
- Plant operation experience is a plus but not required, we offer on the job training
- Work Environment involves being outside in all types of weather
- Lifting up to 60 pounds / carrying 50 pounds or more of product or other materials
- Pushing, pulling, bending, and squatting while using equipment
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- Up to 2 years experience in plant operation is a plus
What we offer
As part of a truly global company, you will have the ability to grow and learn in a diverse, collaborative culture. We foster relationships and learning through connected global and local teams, promote flexible and diverse career paths and support the development of your knowledge and skills.
You will be paid a competitive salary, learn from talented individuals across multiple disciplines and be able to thrive in a safe workplace within a collaborative culture. Ignite your career at a place where your distinct potential can find its home.
(Salary to be determined by the applicant’s experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
Benefits (Full Time Employees)
- Medical/Prescription Drug – Three (3) plans to choose from
- Dental – Two (2) plans to choose from
- Vision – Two (2) plans to choose from
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic Employee Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Voluntary Employee/Dependent Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Company provided Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Company provided Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary Hospital Indemnity, Critical Illness & Accident Plans
- Voluntary Identity Theft Protection
- Voluntary Legal Plan
- 401(k) + Company Match
- Company provided Maternity Leave
- Company provided Bonding Leave
- Accrued Paid Time Off
- Paid Sick & Safe Time
- Nine (9) Scheduled Holidays + Two (2) Floating Holidays
We respect and value all
Orica is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are a Drug-free workplace.
Orica promotes and fosters a culture of inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment everywhere we operate. We treat our people and applicants with fairness, dignity, and respect, getting the best of everyone’s contributions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, nationality, age, military or veteran, marital or disability status.
We have been made aware that some individuals have received scam emails which include false and invalid offers of employment from Orica. Please note that Orica will not offer employment to any candidate without first undertaking a formal application and recruitment process. All candidates are required to actively participate in the recruitment process applicable to the specific role and location where the role is based, prior to any offer of employment being made. Please also be advised that Orica will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes.