This job posting has expired, no longer accepting applications, or has been filled.
Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that’s First in Food.Location Description:
Michael Foods, Inc. located in the Village of West Jefferson, OH, is located just minutes from the western suburbs of Columbus and about 20 minutes to the west of downtown. We are proud to be Michael Foods’ most recent greenfield project, producing high quality protein shakes serving people all around the world. It’s our honor to continue our strong commitment to our employees, our community, and our environment.Responsibilities:
Great opportunity to serve as a member of the site leadership team for the opening of our newly constructed manufacturing facility in The Village of West Jefferson, OH. Michael Foods, Inc., as an industry leader we are First In Food because we are First in People.
This greenfield site will operate as a co-manufacturer of protein drinks. The Maintenance Manager is accountable for leading and directing all reliability and maintenance activities, utilities operation and execution of capital plan as necessary. The Maintenance Manager will ensure successful completion of daily maintenance work as scheduled by the planning team and its execution by partnering with operational and support team members. This role must be available to work on scheduled work times, weekends and holidays as needed.
This is a brand new facility that is seeking a Maintenance Leader to shape and drive Maintenance Initiatives and Processes that will elevate MFI goals and production. Some of the responsibilities are:
- Responsible for plant maintenance including facilities, utilities, and operations to reduce downtime and assure peak plant efficiencies. Will partner or direct capital engineering design and projects to completion and work with appropriate vendors.
- Lead department team members to ensure quality, delivery and cost are continuously being improved to achieve company objectives. Engage and develop the asset care teams at each facility to deliver expected levels of reliability. As part of the greater leadership team, be an active member who contributes to the advancement of the culture. Direct responsibility for the maintenance team and their performance.
- Responsible for all maintenance department metrics. Ability to balance maintenance (tactical and strategic) initiatives that align with plant business strategies.
- Assists with planning and cost estimates for annual and longer-term capital and operating budgets to deliver to business plan. Responsible for executing the capital plan to include all engineering design and project management, working with both internal and external resources. Ability to coordinate and deliver multiple projects at the same time safely and efficiently.
- Establish criteria for assessing the quality of work performed by employees and contractors.
- Supervise the completion of work through review of reports and frequent site inspections. Investigate the condition of buildings, equipment, and grounds, and recommends improvements in the facilities to ensure that needs are met.
- Ability to coordinate and partner with corporate stakeholder groups to build and maintain programs and processes consistent with MFI standards.
- Promote, and foster Michael Foods culture, values and principles.
- Assumes personal responsibility to insure safe and healthy workplace for everyone. Adhere to all safety policies and procedures and, incorporate safety and health in all jobs and tasks.
- Adheres to Quality work practices, follows GMP’s, maintains sanitary conditions and ensures that product quality is maintained. Reports to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety and quality.
If you believe you are able to meet or exceed these responsibilites and possess the necessary requirements, we would enjoy speaking with you more about the opportunity to join our team!Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Operations or Applicable technical knowledge or Degree/Certification from Trade School is required
- Minimum of 5 years of proven leadership or supervisory experience in industrial operations or maintenance or utilities operations is preferred
- Must have an understanding of PLC and logic controls for high speed operating equipment.
- Prior experience in SAP preferred
- Read and decipher mechanical drawings, schematics, and piping diagrams
- Experience in the installation, diagnosing and repairing mechanical equipment through troubleshooting required. Electrical troubleshooting is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with superb time management and project scheduling skills
- Ability to lead teams and hold team members accountable, while successfully achieving results through internal and external resources and the ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Excellent administrative and follow up skills to achieve successful maintenance and repair programs
Michael Foods Inc. At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.