This job posting has expired, no longer accepting applications, or has been filled.
Lighting Systems Technician (Ride and Show Controls) - Universal Epic Universe
JOB SUMMARY: To install, maintain service, rebuild, troubleshoot, repair, and operate all Industrial, Commercial, and non-commercial lighting electrical equipment and lighting utilities as it pertains to the continuous smooth operation of Universal Orlando Ride and Show Attractions. Responsible for highly skilled, discipline specific, technical operations, maintenance, troubleshooting and repairing a variety of Ride and Show attraction lighting systems and equipment while also providing support to maintain and improve upon the Ride and Show attraction lighting quality issues.
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly, semi-annual and annual inspections and preventative maintenance towards Ride and Show lighting systems. Inspections include testing, verification and or calibration of applicable Lighting systems.
- Audit and replace lamps and gels as needed in the resort.
- Diagnose system failures and provide immediate and long-term corrective actions. Involves researching defective electronically controlled various lighting equipment to include but not limited to dimmer racks, relay racks, control consoles, lighting fixtures and consoles, computers, networking equipment (Ethernet switches, nodes, POE devices), DMX distribution systems (opto-splitters, mergers, terminators), wireless data transmissions systems (DMX, Ethernet). Apply basic electrical theory to operate, troubleshoot, and repair SCR dimmers. Instructional information to complete the repair process when needed. This entails logical and extensive troubleshooting and referring to technical manuals, technical library, and the CMMS system while utilizing a systematic approach.
- Provide input and entry into the CMMS system and log completion of inspections, corrective action, and/or repairs made and list applicable parts used.
- Perform modifications to Ride and Show lighting fixtures, equipment, or design as directed by the Universal Engineering/Creative/EHS/Attraction Operations departments. Utilize and update focus diagrams and technical prints to ensure proper function, output, and color temperature of each show light.
- Training and development of Technician II, Lighting Systems.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SCOPE: Responsible for maintaining show lighting equipment for all Ride & Show venues resort wide.
- Required - High school degree or GED.
- Preferred - Bachelor of Arts or Science in Technical Production for Theater or Equivalent.
- 5+ Years: Experience in troubleshooting and repair of complex analog/digital lighting equipment/control systems including dimmers, relays, fixtures.
- Preferred experience in theme park industry. ETCP Certified with verifiable experience preferred;
- or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Valid Florida Drivers License
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Successful completion of the Lighting Tech I, Sign off form demonstrating competency in specific lighting related categories for UO venues.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2024 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Universal Orlando At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.