General Shop Mechanic
TruckPro LLC is one of the nation's largest independent distributors of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts with over 150 retail locations and 80 maintenance and repair service locations nationwide. We are rapidly growing in ways that are making an important difference in the commercial trucking industry.
TruckPro offers a stimulating workplace based on open collaboration, personal development and future opportunity. Our continued success thrives on the attraction and retention of spirited people who share our passion for service. TruckPro is driven by a unique company culture that values knowledge, experience, and the importance of offering our customers an incomparable depth of product and application expertise.
General Shop Mechanic is responsible for repairing medium to heavy duty trucks and all models of trailers to specific customer and industry-standard specifications.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Perform repairs to customer vehicles and trailers
- Perform basic welding functions
- Inform customer/manager of completion times, services expenses, and possible changes
- Monitor the profit/loss of each job to maximize profitability while maintaining the highest standards of quality; minimize warranty claims and re-work
- Submit work orders for invoicing
- Maintain inventory and supplies
- Prepare list of required replacement parts
- Clean work area as required and maintain equipment; Adhere to all environmental, health and safety standards
Successful Candidates Will Have:
- Associate's Degree or Technical certificate in heavy duty mechanics
- Two years of diesel mechanic experience within the heavy duty industry
- Automotive Service Excellence certification appropriate to the job or equivalent
- Possess your own tools and/or the willingness to purchase tools required for the job as you advance in your skill level and responsibilities (TruckPro offers a tool purchase or reimbursement program)
- Valid driver's license and/or CDL with good driving record
TruckPro LLC At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.