General Labor - Billboard Installation
Would you like to see a different part of your city every day from a bird’s eye view? Our Lamar office in Montgomery, Alabama is now hiring a new Operations crew member to help us bring outdoor advertising campaigns to life for brands in Montgomery, AL and surrounding areas. This job is action-packed, and we provide all the training and equipment to start your career in the outdoor advertising industry. Our Billboard Installers safely and efficiently complete from 20 to 50 billboard installations per week.
The purpose of this position is to install and maintain billboards, including installation of advertisements, maintenance of structures, and the upkeep of billboard cosmetics. This position most often works as part of an installation crew.
Want to hear more about Lamar? Check out these videos:
What you can expect from us:
- A Monday-Friday, 6:30 am - 3:00 pm work schedule
- An hourly range of $18 - $20 / hour dependent on relevant experience and qualifications
- 120 hours of paid time off (PTO) that increases with tenure
- 12 paid company holidays including Presidents Day and Juneteenth
- A comprehensive 6-week training program
- Career advancement opportunities
- Ongoing professional development and internal leadership programs to maximize your career potential
- Multiple medical plan options
- Dental and vision insurance
- 401K plan with company contributions for participation
- Paid parental leave
- Wellness program incentives such as medical plan premium holidays and HSA contributions
What we are looking for in YOU:
- Good communication skills. Ability to speak and read English fluently
- Must be willing to work and get along well with others
- Basic computer skills including Internet navigation and Microsoft Word & Excel
- Ability to comply with Lamar safety standards while performing work
- Ability to work from ladders and to carry a ladder and/or other tools to the worksite from vehicle
- Working knowledge of electrical skills and techniques
- Working knowledge of fabrication skills and techniques
- Skill in reading technical documents, such as blueprints and diagrams
- General knowledge of Lamar, Department of Transportation (DOT), and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) safety regulations
- Ability to safely use construction equipment, in regards to the construction and maintenance of outdoor structures
- Ability to climb heights and work at heights above ground safely
- Ability to document installations, through photographs and written logs
- Skill in the practical applications of mathematics, in relation to construction and operations tasks
- Skill in setting priorities which accurately reflect the relative importance of job responsibilities
Education and experience:
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required
- A valid driver’s license is required
- Ability to complete OSHA 10-hour Construction course required
- Preferred certifications, depending on location need: CDL/Non-CDL, Crane, Signal, Rigging, or LDD
- Previous experience working at heights up to 200 ft. above ground preferred
- Or some equivalent combination of education and experience
Please note: Upon submitting your application, you will be asked to complete an 8-15 minute personality assessment. This assessment compares your professional soft skills to the skills required for success in this role. Please answer honestly; this is not a test! Not completing this assessment could result in disqualification from consideration for this position.
Candidates with a disability in need of an accommodation to fulfill our application requirements should email email@example.com.
A day in the life:
Installing and maintaining all Billboards
- Installing and maintaining all Billboards
- Remove and hang flexes, remove and hang vinyl’s, cut and prepare flexes and vinyl’s for installation, cut, prepare and install copy on Tri-Visions
- Maintain structures-repairs include but not limited to: tightening bolts, painting steel structures, repairing trim and various parts of the sign face and structure, change light bulbs as needed, paint structures, assemble structures and faces when required.
- Building and installing extensions, cutting brush/weeds, conduct storm damage repairs, minor electrical repairs, and sweeping/cleaning workshop area.
- Use power/manual tools, must adhere to all safety regulations.
- Attend safety meetings as required.
- Maintain operation vehicles; maintain tools, equipment and machinery.
- Responsible for taking completion photos for proof of performance.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The primary work environment for this position is outdoors, requiring the ability to work in adverse weather conditions and climb to heights up to 200 ft.
- The physical demands for this position include heavy lifting (up to 100 pounds), extensive bending, pushing, reaching, seeing (with a focus on reading, color distinction, acuity, depth perception, and peripheral vision), sitting less than 50% of the time, standing, stooping, talking, turning, walking, driving, and climbing
- Nights spent away from home traveling are less than 10%
- On-call shifts may be required
Who we are:
Founded in 1902, Lamar Advertising Company is one of the largest outdoor advertising companies in the world. With over 351,000 displays across the United States and Canada, Lamar is dedicated to helping both local businesses and national brands reach broad audiences every day.
We provide ad space through:
- Interstate logos
- Handpainted murals
- Transportation and airports
- The largest network of digital billboards in the United States
We live by the Golden Rule, and we operate with honesty and integrity in every aspect of our business. We are open with our employees, transparent with our customers, and loyal to the communities in which we serve. While Lamar is a large company, each office has its own culture and family atmosphere, making employees feel connected both locally and nationally.
We are committed to sustainable and environmentally friendly business practices and use a number of innovative strategies to reduce our environmental impact. We are actively working to reduce our annual greenhouse gas emissions and are projecting a 70% decrease by 2026 as a result of our efforts.
Lamar is an EOE/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans or any other State or Federally protected characteristic
Disability Self-Identification: When applying for a job with Lamar, you will be asked to voluntarily self-identify whether you have a disability. Please take a moment to watch this video for clarification on why we're asking for this information!
California Resident Disclaimer: California Residents - Lamar collects personal information in the ordinary course of considering job applicants. This information may include, for example, name, address, phone number and other contact information, employment history and reference contact information, and any other information provided by an applicant to Lamar. By submitting an application, you consent to the use or sharing of this personal information solely for the purpose of consideration for employment by Lamar. Lamar will not sell this information.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Lamar Advertising Company At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.