This job posting has expired, no longer accepting applications, or has been filled.
We are hiring an Excavator Operator!
Join us at the leading force in the heating, cooling and plumbing industries across the Greater Chattanooga communities, renowned and trusted for over 30 years. We hold a strong commitment to ensuring our customers' experiences exceed expectations through our unwavering delivery of superior-quality work.
We are looking for an experienced Excavator Operator to operate machines in a safe and efficient manner. This position also supports the crew by ensuring the installation of water, sewer and storm pipes is done safely and to the expectations of both the customer and us.
What can we do for you?
- Provide stability – we’ve been in business over 30 years!
- Professional, team-oriented work environment
- Company events
- Weekly trainings
- Opportunities for advancement
- Supportive management
- Competitive Wages plus spiffs!
Benefits for the Excavator Operator:
- Health, Vision, Dental Insurance
- 401K with company match
- Generous PTO and paid holidays
- Weekly trainings
- Monthly trainings
- Quarterly trainings
- Company events
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Growth Opportunities
- Take home vehicle
- Pay is $26/hour
Responsibilities for the Excavator Operator:
• Operates Heavy Equipment in residential setting to better service our customers with their plumbing needs.
• Operates directional drill equipment and excavator for installation of main water service and sewer lateral system.
• Ensures safety of all including the public and other utilities underground facilities.
• Performs all duties according to prescribed safety procedures and uses appropriate safety equipment.
• Setup and cleanup of work site including traffic and pedestrian control.
• Reads utility locates and coordinating day lighting of these facilities.
• Inspects the work that is in progress to ensure that the workmanship conforms to specifications.
• Operates construction equipment to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery to conform to grade specifications.
• Operates vehicles and equipment operations from trucks to other equipment as directed and certified.
• Performs proper maintenance by greasing, oiling, and making minor repairs on equipment.
• Leads teams in the field effectively and efficiently as needed and directed by supervisor.
Requirements for the Excavator Operator:
- 3 + years’ experience installing sewer lateral and water service systems.
- 3+ years of Heavy Equipment Operating experience.
- CDL license is highly preferred for this role.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Ability to read and understand maps, drawings and diagrams for the project build process.
- Willing to work outdoors in all types of weather and work overtime as required.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, veteran status, disability, or other protected category. We are an equal opportunity employer. Pre-employment background check and drug test are required to be considered for this position.
Work With Your Handz At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.