Electrical Controls Supervisor
Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path?
We are seeking an Electrical Controls Supervisor position at our Maplesville, AL Mill. The Electrical Controls Supervisor will be a key contributor and provide support to the overall operational and maintenance objectives to reach the top quartile mill status. The Electrical Controls Supervisor is responsible for troubleshooting all electrical, instrumental, and process malfunctions, including mechanical power transmission equipment and hydraulic and pneumatic systems. In addition, the successful individual will diagnose, repair, and overhaul automatic control valves, sensors, positioners, actuators, electrical AC/DC systems, and related systems.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated abilities in strong analytical and technical skills, and the energy and drive to support and grow as West Fraser continues to grow and build out our US lumber business
- Work with the electrical team at the facility and will be responsible for helping to maintain and improve the PLC and other automation control systems while ensuring that all work is completed in a safe reliable manner.
- Demonstrated ability to train/impart knowledge to mill personnel. Bring the skill level at the mill up to match the systems now in place.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage and work with mill-level personnel, develop an understanding of mill needs, and deliver the required help in an effective manner.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and develop electrical technicians
- Excellent troubleshooting skills – Drives, PLC issues, control issues, electrical. Ability to troubleshoot from afar and talk mill folks effectively through issues.
- Responsible for maintenance and care of the various optimization systems (software and hardware).
- Willingness to respond to emergency situations at a given mill, bring a “whatever it takes” mindset to the position.
- Ability to recognize opportunities for improvement and help local mill management see the same. Aid mill in implementing these improvements.
- Assist as required in project planning, startups, helping the mill to meet/exceed ramp expectations. Ability to work with vendors and help expeditiously move the mill beyond the vendors' expertise.
- Technical Degree
- Previous Industrial Experience
- Familiar with Allen Bradley products, VFD Drives, Soft Starters, and HMI’s
- Experience with PLC 5 and Control Logix PLC platforms
- Experience with communication network protocols: ethernet, DeviceNet, ControlNet
- Proficient in computer and Microsoft Office software packages
- Experience working with high and low voltages
- Demonstrated supervisor abilities
- Ability to manage small projects and day to day work planning
- Experience following electrical schematics
- Good track record with troubleshooting skills
- A proven safe work record
- Has 5 years or more experience with controls and automation
- Has a minimum of 1-year experience in manufacturing
- Has excellent communication skills
- Can work with minimal supervision
- Wants to grow and consider relocation opportunities to further develop themselves
- Has a serviced based attitude to support production needs
- Looks for continuous process improvements
- Works well in a team environment
- Has the ability to work with vendor’s for the process to maximize uptime
- Is willing to work flexible hours based on business needs
Our highly competitive compensation package and outstanding benefits include:
- Benefits starting Day 1
- Competitive starting pay
- On-the-job training and a
- A culture that strongly believes in promoting from within
- 401k with company matching & retirement contribution
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid vacations and holidays
If you are ready to build your career in a company that thrives on growth, a safe work environment, rewarding work, challenge, and opportunity, come build your career with us at West Fraser: www.westfraser.com/careers.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please apply through our online application process. Be sure to attach your resume to your online profile as resumes will not be accepted at the site. No phone inquiries, please.
West Fraser is a diversified wood products company producing lumber, OSB, LVL, MDF, plywood, pulp, newsprint, wood chips, and energy with over 60 facilities in Canada, the United States, and Europe. We are the largest lumber producer in North America, a leading global manufacturer of wood-based panels, and the world’s largest producer of oriented strand board (OSB).
We are a growing company, believe strongly in promoting from within, and pride ourselves on providing a challenging environment with continuous development. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company
West Fraser believes inclusive, diverse teams build a more vibrant workforce, safer operations, and a stronger company overall. We strive to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities we are a part of. We will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin, or any other protected legal characteristic.
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D & Drug-Free Workplace
West Fraser At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.