This job posting has expired, no longer accepting applications, or has been filled.
Diesel Mechanic- Birmingham, AL
Pay Class: Hourly
Hourly Pay Rate: $25.00 to $30.00 DOE
Line of Business: RMC (Ready-Mix Concrete)
Position Type: Full-Time
Heidelberg Materials is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic for our Ready Mix Concrete facility located in Birmingham, AL.
Heidelberg Materials provides the materials to build our future. Our future is sustainable. Our future is digital. And it goes beyond cement, aggregates and ready-mixed concrete. Heidelberg Materials North America, previously known as Lehigh Hanson, operates more than 450 locations with approximately 9,000 employees in the U.S. and Canada.
What You'll Get To Do
- Maintain proper tool/parts inventory for specified jobs.
- Rebuild trucks or other motorized equipment engines and component parts.
- Complete maintenance projects in a timely manner to ensure production goals.
- Maintain up to date written or data input spreadsheets on all equipment repairs.
- Ensure that all equipment repairs are performed accurately to the manufacturer standards.
- Performs other miscellaneous mechanical and maintenance duties as assigned.
What We Are Looking For
- Prefer 2 years prior maintenance experience
- Some welding experience desired
- Frequently lift 25 pounds; occasionally lift up to 70 pounds.
- No search firms please
- Heidelberg Materials is a Drug Free Workplace
Employer Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled
Heidelberg Materials US, Inc. At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.