Collision Body Technician
Join our team of passionate automotive technicians, where your skills are not only valued but also cultivated for long-term growth. Here's why AutoNation is the ultimate destination for automotive professionals:
- Paid Training Opportunities: Elevate your expertise with paid training, unlocking new levels of success and earning potential on our technician wage grid.
- Generous PTO/Vacation Policy: Enjoy a comprehensive paid time off policy for a healthy work-life balance.
- Defined Career Paths: Experience a workplace with structured career paths, offering clear milestones and opportunities for advancement.
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Options: AutoNation prioritizes your well-being with robust health insurance options for you and your loved ones.
- Drive a Strong Customer Pay Business: Join a team focused on driving a strong customer pay business where your expertise contributes to exceptional customer experiences.
Are you ready to transform your job into a thriving automotive career? With over 250 locations coast to coast, at AutoNation we don't just offer employment; we craft pathways for your success. Ready to accelerate your career? Apply now and be part of a dynamic team that's driving success on and off the road!
Collision Body Technician
Accelerate Your Career with the Nation’s Number-One Automotive Service Provider
Make your mark getting customers back on the road in a position with solid advancement potential.
This is your opportunity to make an impact and accelerate your career with the #1 automotive retailer and service provider in the nation. If you have at least two years of automotive experience combined with an interest in becoming certified in ICAR and/or OEM certification or currently have them. We can help you grow your skills and career. Consider some advantages of joining our team:
- We offer highly competitive compensation and outstanding benefits from day 1 including transparent pay through our technician wage grid, best-in-industry paid time off, training pay, medical and other insurances, a 401(k) with company match, and much more. And with over 300 locations from coast to coast, you could enjoy life in a variety of cities.
- We have millions of our own customers to help keep the shops busier than the industry averages along with strategic partnerships with insurance carriers with a heavy focus on repairing per OEM standards and asking to be paid fully for repair operations performed.
- You will enjoy a strong training program, including manufacturer, ICAR, and mentorship. We also offer paid training and certification reimbursement.
- With over 300 locations from coast to coast, nobody represents more manufacturers and OEM certifications per store than us. We offer career growth and transfer opportunities locally and nationwide.
- Regardless of your experience level, there's plenty of room to advance your career and earnings potential along our collision technician path. In time, you could step up to a Collision Body Team Lead, Collision Estimator, Production Manager or even Director.
- Enjoy an inclusive and welcoming environment where each individual feels valued, respected, and heard. You’ll play an important role in our community and culture.
Referral bonuses are available that can earn you additional compensation for bringing friends and colleagues to work alongside you at AutoNation.
To qualify for the Collision Body Technician position, you will have:
- At least two years of automotive experience
- Interest to become certified in ICAR certification or currently have it
- Interest to become OEM certified for facing dealer brand(s) or currently have certification(s)
- Must have a valid, in-state driver’s license with an acceptable, safe driving record
- Ability to operate an automobile
As a Collision Body Technician, you’ll perform vehicle repairs as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory standards. Your attention to detail will make you a valuable asset to the team as you ensure repairs are completed on time and deliver top-notch work to delight our customers. You'll do rebuild work at an AutoNation Collision Center and could interact daily with other team members including service advisors, other technicians, parts associates, cashiers, sales associates, and managers.
Daily responsibilities may include:
- Performing work as outlined on repair orders with efficiency and accuracy
- Communicating with Estimators and Parts Associates to obtain necessary parts
- Assessing vehicle condition to determine if additional safety or repair work is needed
- Performing all body repairs according to estimate
- Performing welding, soldering, body alignment, and frame / unibody repairs
- Operating all equipment in the Collision Center in a safe and productive manner, following AutoNation’s Safety Standards for the use of personal protective equipment (e.g., safety glasses, gloves, hearing protection) while working on the production floor
- Inspecting all work performed as a Quality Control (QC) measure as soon as jobs are completed
- Mixing all chemicals according to manufacturer directions/specifications
- Understanding and following federal, state, and local regulations that affect Collision Center operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA guidelines, etc.
- Gaining superior product knowledge to provide high-quality repairs
Note: This description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
WHAT DRIVES YOU DRIVES US - APPLY TODAY
AutoNation, a provider of personalized transportation services, is driven by innovation and transformation. As one of America's most admired companies, AutoNation delivers a peerless Customer experience recognized by data-driven consumer insight leaders, Reputation and J.D. Power. Through its bold leadership and brand affinity, the AutoNation Brand is synonymous with "DRVPNK" and "What Drives You, Drives Us." AutoNation has a singular focus on personalized transportation services that are easy, transparent, and Customer-centric.
Click here to learn more about our Benefits.
Join us as we pave the way to moving our company, our communities and our industry forward. Apply today at a location near you or wherever you dream the road will take you.
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
AutoNation Collision Center Greenacres At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.