Colorado Arborists

The Colorado Tree Care Sector Partnership is a joint committee of leading arborists focused on recruiting the best candidates for a growing field!

Colorado Arborists At A Glance

What is an Arborist?

Arborists manage the wellbeing of trees. This care can also include shrubs and woody plants of all sizes and ages.

Every day, arborists make their way to the forests, yards and parks of our communities to keep trees healthy and thriving. It’s physically demanding work, but the reward of spending the day outdoors, helping your community and defining how high you want your career to climb make every day an exciting adventure.

Just another day in the life

How does the apprenticeship work?

Every Fall, 15 new apprentices have the opportunity to join an Arborist Apprenticeship with is offered by Front Range Community College. The majority of your instruction is active on-the-job training that truly prepares you for your chosen career. 90% of your time is spent on the job being taught and mentored by a Journeyman. The remaining 10% consists of classroom learning.

  • Job sites are located throughout the Front Range.
  • Work for small & medium-sized private businesses and municipality forestry departments.
  • Receive a portable, nationally-recognized credential, which signifies to employers that you are fully qualified for the job.
  • Attend classroom training at Front Range Community College in Westminster November-March.

Would I be good at this role?

Do you love working outside? Do you love nature? Not afraid to get dirty? . While this isn't the most well-know career, Arborists are critically important to maintaining the health and balance of our natural world.  Do you think you'd love the sound of a chainsaw when it finally gets running, the smell of freshly cut tree limbs, the outdoors, and a hard earned sweat? You just might have a future as an Arborist.

Let's talk money

Through this apprenticeship, you will earn money from your very first day on the job. You will learn by working under a fully certified Journeyman Arborist. While your exact pay rates will vary based on the company you end up working for, as a general rule of thumb you can count on:

  • $17 per hour for Entry Level
  • $21 per hour after 1 year
  • $25 per hour once you are fully trained
Still not convinced? Hear it directly from a real life Arborist!

What we look for in an ideal candidate

Any candidate with a love for nature and a passion for the outdoors should think about applying. If you know working behind a desk isn't for you - come join us! We are emphasizing adding more diversity to the Arborist profession, so candidates from all walks of life and diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply!

Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.