This job posting has expired, no longer accepting applications, or have been filled.
WI-FI Installation Field Technician - Cable- NATIONWIDE
Our client is looking to add 4-5 traveling cable teams to perform cable installation for long-term NATIONWIDE Wi-Fi installation project. Candidates must be motivated and accountable with and focus on quality delivery of in-building solutions. Sites will range from large industrial facilities to smaller retail shops. This role will require travel to locations for up to 1 month at a time. The company covers all travel expenses and regular rotations home. Corporate is in Atlanta, but we're hiring technicians all over the country in their regions.
Installation Technician will be responsible for the proper installation, maintenance and optimal performance of equipment associated with WIFI, cellular in-building wireless system, microwave radio system, power system and related applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Pulling new cables (Data, RF, Power and Fiber)
- Proper routing and supporting of RF, data and fiber cables (Jhook installation, wire and fiber managements constructs)
- Low voltage wiring
- Terminating and repairing cables
- Installation of support structures (i.e. Jhooks, cable trays / ladder racks)
- Working on and operating scissor and articulating lifts up to 40ft in the air
- Terminating RJ45 A and B with shielding
- Terminating 1/2” coax all types connectors
- Proficient with tasks, tools and information that will enhance wireless coverage
- Keeping materials, tools and area clean and organized during work
- Clean room installation techniques for controlled environments
- Installing Conduit runs through walls, through floors/ceilings and in trenches
- Proper grounding of equipment, conduits and support racks
- Keeping informed on and wearing as warranted, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- At least 6 months of experience installing Cat5e, Cat 6, Fiber , AV or DAS cabling
- Understanding of basic circuits and electricity
- Knowledge of standard construction safety practices (OSHA 10 a plus!)
- Possess proper tools and safety gear
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers in a professional manner
Ability to differentiate between different sizes and colors of wires
- Ability to make cable connections in tight spaces by bending, reaching, twisting
- Ability to perform job from high places (i.e. scissor lifts, ladders and roofs)
- Ability to work while standing 50 70% of the time Familiarity with computer operating systems, and consumer communications devices (e.g., tablets, smart phones, modems)
- Ability to complete documentation accurately and communicate with peers, supervisors, and clients Must own basic hand tools and have a full understanding of the their proper usage
CED Systems At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.