Tax Planning Specialist
Since 1984, Orgel Wealth Management, along with our founder’s predecessor practices, have been committed to providing comprehensive wealth management, consulting, and planning services to a diverse group of families, individuals, business owners, retirement plans, and foundations.
Orgel Wealth Management is seeking a Tax Planning Specialist to serve our clients by providing comprehensive tax planning and analyzing complex tax situations to identify and implement novel solutions for tax efficiency.
Learn more about Orgel Wealth Management and “The Orgel Way” at www.orgelwealth.com
- Shared Values – At Orgel Wealth Management, our team believes in forming genuine relationships and serving clients with relentless excellence. We put clients first. Period.
- Nationwide Reach – Currently, our team serves clients in 43 states with more than $6.5 billion in assets under management (as of September 30, 2023).
- Experienced Team – Our credentialed team of 26 investment professionals (8 CFA® charterholders, 9 CFP® certificants) and 9 professionals with tax or legal backgrounds is supported by client service, operations, and technology specialists.
- Independence – By establishing an independent firm, we developed an organizational structure that allows for and supports employee ownership for multiple generations to come.
- Rapid Growth – Since becoming an SEC-registered investment advisor in 2013, our assets under management have more than doubled and we have grown from 23 employees and 1 office to 79 employees and 3 offices.
The Tax Planning Specialist will add significant value for Orgel Wealth Management’s clients by partnering with our Relationship Managers to assist clients with developing advanced tax management strategies and engaging in forward tax planning. The Tax Planning Specialist will also analyze complex tax situations and collaborate with our clients’ outside tax professionals to identify and implement solutions for increasing tax efficiencies. In addition, the Tax Planning Specialist will serve as an important internal resource to prepare educational materials for clients and to educate our team on advanced personal and business tax planning issues.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support to Relationship Managers assisting clients by analyzing personal and business finances to develop advanced tax management and forward tax planning strategies
- Review and analyze client tax returns to identify potential unused deductions and credits and opportunities for tax efficiencies
- Collaborate with our clients’ outside tax professionals to identify and implement tax management strategies
- Identification of tax efficient charitable giving strategies
- Analyze the tax consequences of anticipated personal and business transactions to identify tax efficient options
- Maintain a deep understanding of changes in tax laws and educate the Orgel Wealth Management team on changes that may impact our clients
- Assist clients with establishing proper withholdings and calculating appropriate estimated payments
- Create projections of taxable income to assist with forward tax planning
- Serve as an internal resource on a broad range of tax-related issues
- Perform other duties as required that contribute to the overall effectiveness of the position and firm
Education and Experience
- BA/BS degree in accounting or related field from an accredited university
- 4+ years of individual and business tax preparation experience
Orgel Wealth Management, LLC At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.