MasTec Utility Services delivers critical infrastructure construction and engineering services for power delivery, gas, and water customers, specializing in overhead and underground electric distribution for power delivery systems, gas distribution construction for gas systems, and turnkey solutions for a variety of water, sewer, and civil infrastructure projects. Backed by the strength of eight decades of experience, exceptional industry skills, and a deep commitment to our core values, we continually strive to innovate, uplevel our abilities, and provide extraordinary value to our clients.
MasTec Utility Services Company is a subsidiary of MasTec, a certified Minority-Controlled Company by the National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC).
As a Substation Electrician your role and responsibilities are to handle material takeoffs, manage electrical tasks within substation construction projects. Must have good knowledge of the NEC and work within those guidelines. Must Communicate with project management team to understand the expectations of each project to stay within budget.
Rate of Pay: $30.00 - $36.00/hour with per diem if project is located greater than 55 miles from home residence.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Material takeoffs, manage electrical tasks within substation construction Projects.
- Must possess working knowledge of the electrical industry.
- Must have good knowledge of the NEC and work within those guidelines.
- Communicate with project management team to understand the expectations of each project to stay within budget.
- Enforces the MasTec quality program and ensure that appropriate safety guidelines are followed in the performance of the work by staff and vendors and ensures that work practices meet or exceed all current company and industry standards and applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Understand, train, and enforce the company quality program, processes, and standards.
- Implement and achieve the company Zero Defect Policy.
- High School graduate
- 5+ years of industry trade experience.
- Experience with AC electrical
- Computer skills are highly recommended.
- Self-starter with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to establish, manage, plan and think strategically.
- Ability to Build and Foster Collaborative Relationships
- Demonstrate excellent decision-making abilities.
- 401(k) matching
- AD&D insurance
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
MasTec Utility Services At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.