Strategic Sales Manager - East Coast
At SMA America, we believe in Energy that Changes. Since 1981, SMA has been developing innovative solar technology with a purpose - making the installation, operation, and maintenance of photovoltaic power plants simpler, more reliable, safer and more cost effective. In the meantime, we've also been collecting awards as a great place to work, providing growth opportunities to our employees, and challenging conventional thought.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
- The Strategic Sales Manager is responsible for driving Sales of company Solar Inverter Equipment and Services to targeted key Strategic Accounts (Solar project Developers, EPCs, Utilities, End Users, IPPs, Asset Owners) within the assigned territory. Comprehensive Account Management and New Business Development role requiring excellent Senior-level relationship-building skills, proven track record of demonstrable sales success closing major big-ticket heavy equipment deals with extended sales cycles and solutions selling. Position entails coordinating, facilitating, and managing all activities for selected target customers.
PRIMARY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops a thorough understanding of customer strategies, priorities, organization, and methodologies. Develops effective long-term strategic plans to capture majority project pipeline share and maximize sales revenue and project win opportunities.
- Develops strong relationships with internal colleagues and external stakeholders, with solid communication and interpersonal skills at all relevant levels throughout internal and target organizations and functional departments. Excellent collaborative team-player mentality required.
- Actively drives sales performance, logging activities in online systems with thorough organization skills and direct Management reporting.
- Implements and improves sales cycle systems and processes as required to drive improved effectiveness and profitability.
- Develops comprehensive short and long-term sales strategies for all product types across all segments for target territory and customer base.
- Actively owns, drives, and manages monthly pipeline business forecast and addresses any issues for successful, timely company and customer resolution.
- Attendance at suitable Trade Shows, Conferences, Seminars, and industry events as required.
- Other duties as may be required or assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical and/or commercial field or equivalent experience is required. Masters/Post Grad training, certification, Renewable Energy qualifications preferred.
SMA America At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.