Sr. Maintenance Technician
This important role will perform maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of commercial facility systems. facility service tasks can include maintenance of lighting systems, electrical panels, appliances, HVAC equipment, motors, upgrading fixtures, replacing faulty wiring, May be required to perform tasks of other unlicensed trades, such as vehicle operator, carpenter, painter, and/or locksmith. Responsibilities may also include furniture moves, inventory, installation, and repair. Incumbent is skilled tradesperson and will perform some specialized maintenance work requiring skilled training. Will assist with maintaining a safe and comfortable building environment for Virginia Housing associates.
Virginia Housing is one of the nation’s premier housing finance agencies. Our mission is to help Virginians attain quality, affordable housing, which we accomplish through our public-private partnerships.
We are focused on employee engagement and committed to a healthy and diverse workforce. We offer on-site conveniences such as a fitness center and free parking. Educational opportunities to help your advancement are available through classroom and online programs.
To be successful in this role you must possess:
- Several years’ experience (5 preferred) to include plumbing, electrical, HVAC and general maintenance of commercial buildings.
- Knowledge of computerized maintenance management systems as related to supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
- Ability to use wiring diagrams, building schematics and technical drawings.
- Proficient to advanced knowledge of Energy Management Systems and electrical maintenance
- Excellent customer service and vendor relationship skills
- The ideal candidate would also have a State Journeyman’s License in the Electrical or Mechanical field.
Applications and resumes are accepted online only at Careers (virginiahousing.com)
This position will remain open until filled.
This position will report to our Headquarters office in Richmond, VA and will travel regularly to our office locations in Glen Allen, VA.
Hiring Range $59,259 – $77,082
A background check will be performed as a condition of employment.
MR 5 - Please review relevant HR policy under 'Employment Practices' on the Zone before applying.