Sr. Maintenance Mechanic - HS1 - 1st Shift
- Ensures reliability of machinery and equipment by completing preventive maintenance on machinery and systems.
- Performs tasks including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, PLC, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of equipment.
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals, diagrams, sketches, engineering specifications, and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Uses hand tools and measuring instruments to determine changes in dimensional requirements of parts.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices, using hand and power tools.
- Adheres to all plant safety policies. Participates in plant-wide safety, housekeeping, Operational Excellence, and Lean Manufacturing programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Typically possesses a high school diploma (or equivalent)
- 5+ years experience in mechanical and electrical maintenance
- Technical/professional certification preferred and/or completion of an appropriate apprenticeship program
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrates ability to operate and repair machines, hand-tools and electrical equipment.
- Possesses an operational knowledge of automated industrial machinery, and hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Demonstrates ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical drawings and work orders.
- Demonstrates strong problem-solving skills with practical, mechanical, and electrical aptitude.
- Possesses basic troubleshooting experience and proven skills in machine repair.
- Demonstrates strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to follow directions and work well in a team.
- Welding, machining and fabrication experience a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and other relevant software.
Greif At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.