Sr. Field Tech
A Sr. Field Technician requires a qualified, service-oriented individual to perform operation, maintenance, installation and troubleshooting of Transformers and associated equipment. A qualified individual must be able to test, inspect, troubleshoot, operate transformer service equipment and repair high voltage equipment. They must be able to manage small to large size projects with good supervisory and organizational skills. They must be self-directed and very committed to customer satisfaction. Excellent communication skills with clients, peers and management are essential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary responsibility will be to perform trouble shooting, electrical / fluid testing, repairs and fluid services of transformers, rectifiers, regulators and high voltage components.
- Communicate with clients, peers and management for effective problem resolution and transfer of pertinent information.
- Maintain strong client relationships, prepare project estimates, expand project work scopes and assist in negotiating extra charges.
- Ability to walk through customers’ sites, inspect problem(s) and report problem(s) to Sales and Project Management.
- All work and decisions shall be conducted in strict compliance of all regulatory laws.
- Responsible for transformer and switchgear painting and paint prep. Specific duties include remove, clean and re-gasket all removable components, remove fluid, refill fluid and process fluid as per company and customer guidelines.
- Correctly select, re-condition, and weld various components/devices as directed.
- Responsible for the quality control of the transformer. Specific items include: Complete final test report, ensure all warning signs, bushing ID, nameplate, etc. are on the equipment and ensure final pictures have been taken for file and customer.
- Responsible for testing transformers as assigned as per company and customer expectations.
- Complete test reports in company software in a timely manner.
- As directed, complete service and repair work at Customer location(s).
- Forklift license or ability to obtain license.
- Must be able to work weekly and/or weekend overtime. Holiday work is scheduled as per business/Customer need.
- Comply with all safety requirements, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment in a safe and competent manner. Understand and meet all departmental safety objectives and goals.
- Keep assigned work-area clean, organized, and orderly. Ensure all safety and industrial hygiene requirements are maintained.
- Work with members of a team to effectively complete work assignment. Receive information from team members regarding customer needs and product requirements and utilize this information to perform one’s function.
- Other duties as assigned.
High School diploma/GED or equivalent experience and 5 years of experience in a related field.
- Knowledge of the National Electrical Code and various industry standards, such as NETA, OSHA, IEEE and NFPA.
- Strong background and experience in most types of high voltage equipment through the 230 kV class.
- Prefer experience with most of the following or similar: MCC’s, Breakers, relay testing, oil testing, infrared scanning, performing start-up on switchgear up through 500kV class, etc. or training from the military (Army Prime Power, Air Force Electrical Power Production, NAVY or another related program)
- Complete projects consistently on budget and at a reasonable contribution.
- Ability to complete on-site job reports.
- Valid driver’s license with a Class A CDL is preferred.
RESA Power At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.