Sr. Field Service Representative - Power/Electrical
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Schneider’s Power Services Field Service Representatives play an impactful role within the organization. They collaborate with customers, sales representatives, team members and third-party partners to install, inspect, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain equipment in a variety of dynamic environments. They are problem solvers. They are customer focused. They are passionate about the work they do. They are the future of Schneider Electric! Is this you?
We are proud to offer all Field Service Representatives with direct product training and training on all digital and physical tools associated with their work. Schneider Electric provides service vehicles, tools, uniforms, mobile devices, and laptops for daily professional use.
This opportunity is a home-based flexible work schedule with 40-hour guarantee (+Overtime).
This Field Service Representative position will sit within our U.S. Services business, specifically our Power Services team. Our Power Services team is the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for SquareD focusing on electrical distribution equipment inside of critical facilities.
As a Field Service Representative, a typical day for you might include:
- Servicing, installing, and repairing customer equipment.
- Performance of warranty work and start-up service.
- Perform Startup/Commissioning on equipment across the Schneider Electric product portfolio.
- Testing, calibration, checking, correcting, adjusting and part component replacement services on customer products.
- Construction and testing of circuits and equipment utilizing various tools and machines such as computers, workstations, circuit diagrams and test instruments/equipment.
- Technical support in product service, product training and applications including on-site audits.
- Support serviceable Schneider equipment including but not limited to electrical switchgear, PDUs, RPPs, BMS systems, PLCs, HMIs, Drives, power monitoring equipment, protective relays. We have an ever-evolving catalog of products you may have exposure to.
- Document all required information for each site (technical report).
On some days, you may even:
- Analyzing complex problems in equipment and machinery and interpret maintenance manuals, using knowledge of systems and electronics to isolate and correct the fault.
- Assist in the developing design modifications and implements modifications and provides installation support for the modifications.
- Develops and implements training courseware and provides training to customers and other service representatives.
- Travel for both training and to support job site requirements in other areas.
This may be the next step in your career journey if you have:
- Vocational education, military training, or transferable experience in electronics, electrical theory or similar discipline.
- 3-5+ years of relevant mechanical, electrical and/or power distribution service experience, technical proficiency in electronic/electrical component theory.
- Experience writing reports and competency in presenting information and responses to managers, clients, and customers.
- The ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- The ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Experience in testing, maintenance and/or upgrades in some or all of the following areas: low or Medium Voltage Switchgear; Transformers; Relay Protection Systems; Control Systems
- The ability to interpret blueprints and other service documents, including various electrical drawings.
- The capacity to move service equipment weighing up to 50 pounds
What we have for you:
Within your first 90 days, you’ll experience a unique, team-oriented welcome with 2 weeks of in-person training in our brand-new state-of-the-art training facility in Dallas, TX with all expenses paid. Upon return form your on-site visit, you’ll continue with online training and will be paired with a local area mentor to receive on-the-job training and continue your onboarding journey with us.
Hear from one of our Field Service Representatives who loves her job and working with her customers! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAKJVzjVMTA
Schneider Electric offers an inclusive benefits package to support all of our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leaves, 401(k) + match, well-being programs, holidays & paid time off, military leave benefits, and more. Learn more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
About Our Company:
€25.7bn global revenue
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct. Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.