This job posting has expired, no longer accepting applications, or has been filled.
Sr. Bioscience Account Manager- Inside Sales
Sr. Bioscience Account Manager – Inside Sales
As part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals. At our core we are scientists, and our purpose is to enable our customers to fulfill their scientific purpose. This mission if fueled by our innovative sales teams!
Location/Division Specific Information
Biosciences Division, Life Science Solutions Group- Government Accounts
How will you make an impact?
The Sr. Biosciences Account Manager is an inside sales position requiring an advanced level of technical proficiency and multiple years of direct life science sales experience. The candidate should be able to understand and articulate product features, benefits and applications along with selling & drive business at assigned major customer call points. In addition to establishing relationships with customers and managing an account base, the successful candidate will also have the opportunity to take on leadership roles within the Inside Sales organization.
What will you do?
How will you get here?
PLAN PERFORMANCE & SALES SKILLS: Consistently achieve or exceed all assigned sales targets & demonstrate use of strategic selling skills remotely & in person to penetrate & grow current & new business.
ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT & COMMUNICATION: Develop, write, and implement a business plan for assigned territory annually, updated quarterly.
Regularly develop & lead customer facing meetings, events, presentations and customer proposals with assistance of support teams.
Use data sources to analyze and capitalize on territory opportunities with the greatest value. Maintain and increase current customer database through Thermo Fisher’s customer relations management (CRM) system (Salesforce).
Communicate key activities, trends, and changing customer dynamics as well as account objectives and action to management regularly.
SALES TRAINING: Participate in programs as presented by the company to develop appropriate selling skills consistent with the Thermo Fisher philosophy, policies and procedures. Overnight travel may be required for these trainings & meetings.
LEADERSHIP: Participate in the Inside Sales interviewing, hiring and training processes. Act as a back-up for forecast consolidation and quote approvals when District Manager is out of the office and exhibit role model leadership behaviors amongst peers.
- 5 years of relevant experience required with a minimum of 2 years of direct life science sales or bench/research (microbiology, biochemistry, or related) with a Bachelor’s degree
- Less experience required with a Ph.D. or Master’s respectively.
- Demonstrate the 4i values of Thermo Fisher Scientific – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in life science. Master’s degree a plus.
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong verbal & written communication
- High interpersonal skills to multi-task & work in a matrixed environment
- Digital skills in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel & Outlook
- Effective communicator – verbal & written.
- Self-motivated & accountable
- Be flexible to adapt to highly evolving environment.
- Atlanta, Georgia is ideal, but open to GA remote, TN or FL. Must live in territory
- Must have a valid driver's license & be willing to travel 25% to customer locations as needed
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 100,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Thermo Fisher Scientific At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.