Space Business Development Manager
Space Business Development
Director Space Business Development US
Primary Responsibilities: The Space Business Development (SBD) role involves cultivating business opportunities within the United States space sector, encompassing both the US Military Services and the Commercial Space markets. The SBD will advance the organization's offerings, including systems, boards, integration services, and capabilities, to clientele within the "CelestialTech" network. This involves engaging with potential customers, users, and prospects, identifying and prioritizing prospects with a value exceeding $1 million.
Responsibilities also include relaying customer insights to domestic and global management, contributing to product development discussions, and collaborating with Product Line Managers to define product specifications for future offerings.
The SBD will be entrusted with overseeing Space initiatives, collaborating closely with the Director of Space Business Development – Government Programs to pinpoint opportunities within the Department of Defense (DoD).
Cooperating with the Proposals Manager, the SBD will participate in the creation of responses to Requests for Information (RFIs) and Requests for Proposals (RFPs), ensuring alignment with project requirements.
The SBD will join forces with the Business Development Director for Space and Engineering to proactively engage potential clients in the Space realm. This will involve shaping prospects, fostering opportunities, and expanding presence in the US and Canadian markets for space-oriented products.
Furthermore, the SBD will collaborate with the Inside Sales Manager to address opportunities below $1 million that lack strategic significance or necessitate no Non-Recurring Engineering (NRE) efforts.
Additional responsibilities encompass:
- Cultivating business connections to enhance market standing.
- Recognizing industry trends through meticulous research.
- Initiating potential business partnerships with Integrators and end-customers.
- Assessing potential business opportunities in terms of risks and potentials.
- Understanding customer needs and objectives.
- Safeguarding sensitive information to preserve organizational value.
- Elevating the company's repute by embracing diverse tasks and responsibilities.
- Remote role, demanding self-sufficient work in a non-centralized location while maintaining connectivity with US headquarters.
- 5+ years of experience in sales within the space, aerospace, or defense industries.
- Profound comprehension of the space market landscape.
- Demonstrated track record of securing opportunities exceeding $1 million within Defense and/or Space sectors.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field, preferably engineering.
- Robust familiarity with the Space and/or Aerospace sectors.
- Exceptional organizational acumen.
- Proficiency in Salesforce.
- Proven ability to facilitate cross-functional collaboration among Engineering, Operations, and Program Management.
- Experience selling end-use equipment directly to customers.
- Proficient in written, verbal, and presentation-based communication.
- Familiarity with Document Control and Configuration Management procedures.
- Understanding of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FARs) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFARs).
- Comfort dealing with export control and ITAR data.
EVONA At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.