Solutions Technician Level II, HVAC, Controls - Automation / Smart Buildings - Salt Lake City, UT
Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
This position performs installation, startup, and commissioning of building automation system equipment that has been newly installed. The objectives of building automation are improved occupant comfort, efficient operation of building systems, reduction in energy consumption and operating costs, and improved life cycle of utilities. You will complete verification of complex system database and programming operations, ensuring consistency with the scope of work and sequence of operations. You will diagnose and repair complex control system malfunctions, and you will serve as a subject matter expert to others.
Overview of the Automation Specialist | How you will make an impact in this role:
Simply put, you are the person that gathers data, troubleshoots, and carries out critical maintenance and repairs to our customers’ HVAC/Automation control systems in large commercial buildings such as hospitals, universities, and industrial facilities. It’s very possible you will be installing new equipment and commissioning these control systems. Why is this so important? The Automation Specialist is the face of Siemens, and your expertise and regular interaction with the customer will help them increase system reliability, save energy, , and create a more sustainable future for our environment.
- Meet with the customers to diagnose their HVAC electronic control /building automation control systems malfunctions and use your expertise to maintain, repair, or install new equipment; commissioning if needed
- Consult with our internal engineering and management team for discrepancies in our drawings or as problems arise
- Interface with the customers: complete the service work documentation, assist them with training instructions needed for future ease-of-use, and (most importantly) recommend system enhancements providing a value-added partner relationship
This position supports Siemens’ customers who may require all employees and vendors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 where permitted by applicable law and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons in the requirements section.
- High School Diploma or state- recognized GED
- Electro-mechanical aptitude (as shown through previous employment, education, or convincing evidence)
- Computer, software and networking skills
- Experience installing and/or servicing HVAC or electronic controlled equipment (OK not to have for entry level, but must have for higher level positions)
- 0-1 year of experience of electronic controls/HVAC for level I preferred
- 1+ years of experience of electronic controls/HVAC for level II
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Siemens At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.