The Carpenter is an experienced and trainable laborer skilled in carpentry in multiple areas of residential and commercial rebuilding with experience in insurance restoration work. Must be able to communicate on a high level during the reconstruction process. This position reports directly to the Project Manager. Individual should have reliable truck and tools to complete work at a high skill level.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- General carpentry - residential and commercial
- Tile Work
- Hanging cabinets
- Trim carpentry-baseboards
- Door hanging and taping
- Light electrical/plumbing
- Rough framing consisting of re-framing homes and setting trusses
- Ensure company and customer satisfaction through professional appearance, expert workmanship and polite communication.
- Comply with safety, quality & procedural standards
This position has no direct reports
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Direct experience working as a skilled carpenter required
- Knowledge of carpentry and use of carpentry related hand and power tools
- Work in confined areas (crawl space)
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Communicate effectively in oral and written forms. Execute required paperwork
- Identify hazards in assigned work areas
- Work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others
- Meet the mental and physical demands of the job
- Ability to work with people in a professional manner
- Maintains a valid and current driver's license
- Successfully pass a national criminal background check and motor vehicle report background check
- Successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening
High school diploma or GED equivalent required
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL JOB DEMANDS:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move between 25-50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle material, hands and
arms, and talk and hear. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or occasionally crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
Availability for travel in response to out-of-town projects and/or catastrophic events. Some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected for training or meetings.
BluSky offers a competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits package that includes: a matching 401(k) plan, health insurance (medical, dental and vision), paid time off, disability, laptop, smartphone, and corporate apparel allowance.
BluSky also offers extended benefits such as: Employee Assistance Program, Accident & Critical Illness Coverage, LegalShield, Professional Development, Paid Referral Program, and more.
BluSky is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. BluSky prohibits unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 or over, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by Federal, State or local law.
It is and will continue to be the policy of BluSky that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity based on their individual qualifications, performance, and potential without regard for any protected status, as required by state and federal law.