This job posting has expired, no longer accepting applications, or have been filled.
The Mill Carpenter will perform general labor, focusing on quality carpentry skills to complete stairs and other jobs in our mill. You should be able to read a tape measure and be able to learn to use a computer controlled stair machine, radial arm saw, table saw, miter saws, Jointer, Band Saw, Planer Wide belt sander, etc.. You would also use hand tools and air powered nail guns. This is a physically demanding job with heavy lifting involved.
POSITION: MILL CARPENTER
DEPARTMENT: Morse Sash & Door - Mill
REPORTS TO: Mill Supervisor
HOURS: M-F, 7AM-3:30PM, occasional overtime on Saturdays
WORK AUTHORIZATION: US Person (US Citizen or Permanent Resident)
WORK AUTHORIZATION: US Person (US Citizen or Permanent Resident)Requirements:
- Perform work in high production job shop.
- Operate woodworking machinery and hand tools.
- Follow specific work instructions and best practices to safely and accurately complete daily work assignments
- Communicate problems, concerns, and ideas to management.
- Identify process improvements.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
- Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety to self and colleagues.
- Participate in all assigned training programs and adhere to protocols and safety guidelines
- Develop and maintain excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- Assist in various maintenance tasks, including sweeping floors, storing equipment, putting away stock, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Basic math and reading skills to comprehend and complete necessary paperwork.
- Ability to follow oral and/or written instruction.
- Physically demanding job that requires being able to stand for duration of shift.
- Lifting 50+ pounds frequently.
- Able to work Independently with little oversite.
- Employee must be reliable, punctual, and safety-minded, with a strong work ethic.
- You must also work well as part of a team.
- It is also important that you display a positive, helpful demeanor, and a commitment to providing the best in customer service.
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent preferred.
- 2 years of related carpentry experience preferred.
SUPERVISORY FUNCTIONS AND SKILLS:
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Heated Mill, Un-Heated warehouse with fluctuating temperatures.
COMPANY: Morse Sash and Door, a division of the Wm. B. Morse Lumber Company. Started in Rochester New York over 167 years ago. The Morse companies provide quality building materials to the construction trades, while treating our customer and employees fairly and honestly. We are a growing company where you will have the opportunity to grow with us.
William B Morse Lumber Co At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.