Location: FORT WORTH, TX, United States
Organization: Constellation Texas Power Services, LLC
Job ID: 247656
Date Posted: Oct 2, 2023
As the nation's largest producer of clean, carbon-free energy, Constellation is a company purposely-built to meet the challenges of the climate crisis. Constellation has been the leader in clean energy production for more than a decade and we are growing our company and capabilities. Now, we're accelerating, speeding our low-carbon or no-carbon power to more people in more places, day and night, providing our customers and communities with options to buy, manage and use energy as part of their decarbonization mission. The race is on to confront the climate crisis and Constellation is ready to meet the challenge. Come join us as we lead energy, together.
Constellation offers a wide range of benefits and rewards, designed to help our employees thrive professionally and personally. In addition to highly competitive salaries, we offer a bonus program, 401(k) with company match, employee stock purchase program; comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, including a robust wellness program; paid time off for vacation, holidays and sick days; and much more.
Expected salary range of $101,700 to $113,000, varies based on experience, along with comprehensive benefits package that includes bonus and 401(k).
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
This position is responsible for the efficient and effective operation within an assigned organization, in support of the Company's goals and objectives. Whether in operations, maintenance, Fuels or I&C, the Foreman is expected to ensure that safe, continuous and economical processes and procedures are carried out at all times. Within their duties is the responsibility to adhere to the Company's business and ethical standards and assure compliance with all applicable government and industry regulations and practices.PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Direct the work of employees in meeting safety and productivity goals and ensure the team and its members follow all work practices. Ensure that employees perform their duties in a manner consistent with a cognizance of customer awareness and concern.
- Coordinate with, and "turnover" to, other Foremen and shifts the information they will need to continue safe and reliable operations.
- Ensure that employees perform their duties in a manner consistent with a cognizance of customer awareness and concern.
- Assist in the development of and execution of work schedules and tasks given to assigned employees, and ensure they are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Demonstrate troubleshooting and problem solving capabilities when called for by exercising good judgment and decision-making skills. This applies to equipment assets and human assets.
- Communicate in all directions in an efficient manner: with employees assigned, with other Foremen and with management when and as called upon to do so. This includes ensuring the work team is aware of information from management, and that management is aware of the information it needs to make decisions in support of strategies and goals.
- Develop assigned employees such that their skill sets on the job are increased. Coach new and existing employees in processes, procedures and practices. Make recommendations as to performance improvement both to assigned employees and to organizational management. Participate in the Company's formal performance evaluation process of assigned employees.
- Support the Company's core values and exhibit positive leadership behaviors.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree in Engineering Technology, Electronics, or related field OR
- HS Diploma with minimum of 18 months of trade or technical training in Power Plant Technology or related field
- At least eight (8) years experience as a Technician in an appropriate area of plant operations, maintenance, fuels or I&C
- Demonstrated leadership skills to include attention to safety (personal and environmental schedules, equipment and its efficient use, and the use of employees to get the job done
- Effective communication skills in all directions
- Ability to plan and organize work through scheduling and making appropriate assignments to best utilize available talent
- Motivational skills that foster individual and team development and accomplishment
- Full understanding and appreciation for procedures, policies, processes and practices
- Ability to use the technology and equipment associated with both the Foreman Position and those positions assigned to the Foreman
- Minimum performance rating of "B" for the past two years
- No discipline within the last 24 months
- Satisfactory attendance record
- Ability to work in a power plant environment that includes climbing, walking long distances, and standing for the majority of the time
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
At Constellation, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Whether you are an employee or applicant, you will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.We are committed to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion and believe in attracting, retaining, and advancing employees who will best serve and represent our customers, partners, and communities. We support a workplace that ensures mutual respect, where everyone has the opportunity to grow and contribute at their greatest potential. Constellation will provide you the tools and resources to build and power a successful career.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Constellation At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.