Service Technician, HVAC Repair
Why an HVAC Repair Technician career might be right for you:
- You like solving problems – Each repair is different. You enjoy diagnosing problems and figuring out solutions
- You like fixing things – Getting things working again is a satisfying outcome. You did that!
- You like helping others – You’re the hero of the home like a first responder, lifting the weight off the shoulders of grateful homeowners
- You like to be on the move – You’re not stuck at a desk all day – you are welcomed into customers’ homes
Why a career with Sears Home Services is right for you:
- Great hourly rates – $22 - $36 / hour base rate salary, depending on experience
- Benefits – Comprehensive set of medical, dental, and vision benefits, with an additional $4000 annual subsidy for associates with dependents!
- 401k match – Opportunity to contribute to 401k plan, with 100% company match up to 3% beginning May 7, 2023.
- More ways to earn –Technicians have the opportunity to earn additional performance bonuses & sales incentives throughout the year with our top techs averaging $25,000 annually. Our top techs earn more than $100,000 annually!
- Sign-on bonus – Potential Up to $5,000 sign-on bonus for technicians with experience!
- Flexible schedules – Sears techs are NOT on call. Choose 5, 8-hour shifts or 4, 10-hour shifts, whichever works better for you (available in most locations).
- Plentiful overtime opportunities – Our techs are in high demand. Supplement your income with additional hours!
- Year-round work – With Sears large scale and wide product range, Sears cross trains techs and keeps them busy year round
- Expert training – Best in class training program. Tens of thousands of repair techs trained by Sears Technical Institute in the past 60 years. We will teach you the skills you need to succeed!
- Peer mentoring – Onboarding buddy and mentor technicians to help you grow your skills
- Career advancement – Many ways to advance and cross-train to keep growing your career. Our average tenure is >12 years!
- Easy tools – Sears provides company vehicle, uniforms, specialty tools, mobile phone & industry-leading app that eliminates paperwork and provides technical support
- Repair appliances with high levels of quality and efficiency
- Deliver delightful customer experience that exceed expectations consistently
- Provide customers with value-added solutions that help make their home more clean, comfortable & protected
- Keep company truck well-maintained & organized, and help manage parts efficiently
- High school diploma or general education degree
- EPA Type II or EPA Universal
- Mechanical knowledge, including use of testing & repair tools
- Can follow directions and processes for quality workmanship
- Can use smartphone, including use for part ordering
- Background & drug screen
- Valid driver’s license for the state in which you work
Work-In Postal Code
Additional Compensation Explanation
Sears Home Services At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.