This job posting has expired, no longer accepting applications, or has been filled.
Service Technician Apprentice
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Santa Fe Springs, CA
The Service Technician Apprentice works under the guidance of Sr Technician and Foreman. The Service Technician Apprentice are on a progressive career development path to learn troubleshoot industrial and commercial boilers and associated burner/control systems as well as all ancillary equipment. R.F. MacDonald Co. represents product lines such as Cleaver Brooks, Vapor Power, Camus, Industrial Combustion, and others.
- Troubleshoot and service boilers from light commercial to industrial water-tube and cogeneration equipment.
- Help clean out and load up service vehicle with equipment and supplies to perform work for client sites.
- Assist lead technician with all job site duties.
- Continue to develop skills to learn combustion set up and analysis as well as troubleshooting skills to determine and adjust a full range of burners from .5 to 30 million BTU/HR input.
- Assist in completion of internal and external inspections of boilers, burners, and associated controls that determine function ability and expected service life.
- Assist in repair and/or replace refractory, gaskets, parts, and miscellaneous controls.
- Assist in hydrostatic testing of boilers, troubleshooting and repair of industrial burners.
- Help in assessing basic boiler room systems (steam and hydronic), gather information and help solve problems.
- Assist in installing, maintaining, and repairing boiler/pumps and other auxiliary systems and equipment.
- Cleaning, adjusting, and repairing systems, and performing warranty services.
- Keeping daily logs and records of all maintenance functions.
- Complying with service standards, work instructions and customers' requirements.
- Understanding of all types of hot water and steam boiler support equipment to include deaerators, feed systems, blow down systems, economizers, and waste heat recovery equipment. Experience with low emission burners and related equipment is a plus.
- Learn from lead technician on the Boiler Technician Apprenticeship Program.
- Attend Service Technician Apprentice training to continue to enhance technical knowledge.
- Demonstrate good communication skills and the ability to work in a team atmosphere.
- Completed High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- 1-3 years of related experience in troubleshooting and servicing boilers/pump from light commercial to heavy industrial equipment companies is preferred.
- Experience with Low Emission burners and related equipment is a plus but not a requirement.
- Pipefitting experience is a plus.
R. F. MacDonald Co. At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.