Ingersoll Rand is committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
The Field Service Technician for Ingersoll Rand's Industrial Technologies and Services Division serves customers by installing, troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining all makes of rotary screw and reciprocating and or Centac and ECC air compressors, along with additional compressed air system components. You will use precision measuring tools for diagnostic trouble shooting of compressed air equipment. In addition, you need to have knowledge of all operations and parts manuals associated with all equipment.
- Effectively communicates verbally and in writing with customers and co-workers.
- Provides technical assistance on equipment pre-commissioning and start-ups, installations and repairs of compressed air systems. Including “hands-on” work to assure equipment operates to customer’s requirement with limited guidance from the Master Technician.
- Conducts safety assessments of a continuously changing working environment.
- Able to read wiring schematics and diagrams for all equipment.
- Serves as technical support for customers and Customer Service Managers
- Documents service and installation activities by completing work orders for each job, maintenance checklist and daily time sheets.
- Increases Ingersoll Rand customers awareness of how Ingersoll Rand products, services and solutions; such as Package Care, Preventative Maintenance, Diagnostics, Audits and Leak Detection can benefit their operations.
- Maintains rapport with customers by addressing complaints, identifying solutions, suggesting improved methods and techniques and recommending system improvements.
- Explains practices, procedures, and policies to reach agreement with suppliers and others outside of the job area.
- Provides assistance and training to Apprentices and Field Service Technicians.
- Ensures proper operation of compressed air equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements and 47 point inspections on a wide variety of compressors, refrigerated dryers, desiccant dryers and additional compressed air components.
- Works with Service Coordinator on ordering and gathering parts and supplies necessary to complete installations and repairs.
- Advanced network systems installations ( IMMC/ASC, X Series Automation)
- Basic vibration troubleshooting
- Basic Air Quality ( system compressor/dryer – air treatment)
- Desired applicants will have 2-5 years’ experience of troubleshooting industrial/commercial mechanical systems.
Ingersoll Rand At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.