This job posting has expired, no longer accepting applications, or has been filled.
Wood Residential has an immediate opening for a Maintenance Technician. We are an award-winning, full-service, multifamily property manager and an affiliate company of Wood Partners, a group of limited liability companies. Wood Partners is a national leader in the development, construction, and management of apartment communities across the United States.
It's a great place to work! Wood Residential offers financial incentives based upon performance. In addition, we provide a salary and benefits package which includes a 401k, dental insurance, medical insurance, disability benefits, prescription drug coverage, confidential employee assistance programs, life insurance, paid sick time, paid company holidays, job training programs, and paid vacations.
Salary- Between $18.58-$27.87/hour
One minute it could be a hot water heater that needs replacing, the next a carpet or a project in the community center, but being a Maintenance Specialist at one of our beautiful communities has you moving from one task to another, juggling and adapting to the situation to find a solution that works. You enjoy the variety of tasks and the interaction with the residents and fellow team members.
As a Maintenance Specialist, you are responsible for the appearance and working order of the complex including structures, facilities & systems in individual apartments, exterior and common areas.
As an experienced professional you will:
- Provide maintenance support to ensure peak performance of all systems to include mechanical, electrical, plumbing and HVAC
- Complete projects/tasks in a thorough, accurate, and timely manner
- Be able to make sound decisions and problem solve timely and effectively
- Follow up on assigned service requests within 24 hours
- Complete assigned daily, weekly and monthly tasks timely and accurately
- Constantly observe the condition of the community and immediately report and/or initiate action to correct unsafe condition
- Physically walk the property on a frequent basis to ensure pathways to units/models, stairways and breezeways, dumpster areas, recreation areas, common areas, grounds adjacent to the road and walkways remain neat and free of litter and debris at all times
- Maintain the appearance of the building exterior and grounds effectively
- Complete other miscellaneous tasks as assigned
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance and punctuality
- Perform after hours emergency on-call coverage as scheduled
- Be observant for any problem that could be a hazard or potentially dangerous situation for residents, staff, guests and the public. This includes condition of pool gates, fencing, lighting, trip hazards, etc
- Display a service-oriented mindset at all times maintaining courtesy and diplomacy with residents, colleagues, management, vendors and all external customers
In addition to your technical experience with construction, electrical, HVAC, plumbing and mechanical systems, you have a proven customer service and leadership skills. While you know your way around hand tools and power tools, you have demonstrated experience including:
- Experience in maintenance and grounds keeping
- Use of small hand tools, gas power tools, blowers, power washers as well as brooms, ladders, scrub brushes and various types of rags, different types of cleaning solvents and including use of required safety equipment
- Must have reliable transportation to get to work as scheduled and for on-call emergence maintenance
- For safety purposes must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English; bilingual Spanish skills for read, write and communicate effective are a plus
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance
- Work overtime as assigned Position requires the ability to work any of the seven days of the week, 52 weeks of the year. It is extremely critical that individuals are able to work their scheduled hours plus any other hours necessary to complete the job including overtime hours. Position requires employee to be on call to perform services as scheduled or as necessary including nights and holidays
PHYSICAL, EQUIPMENT, AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Ability to lift/carry up to 50 lbs. Employs two person lift when lifting/carrying objects that weigh more than 50 lbs
- Ability to carry, push and/or pull, stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl
- Significant amount of walking throughout the day
- Climbing up and down a ladder
- Ability to work in hot, cold and/or damp environments
- Use of general grounds keeping equipment including, but not limited to leaf blowers, snow blowers, brooms, ladders, scrub brushes and various types of rags, different types of cleaning solvents and including use of required safety equipment
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, works with the fingers and perceives attributes of objects and materials
Wood Residential is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, familial status, marital status, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site due to a disability, please contact Human Resources by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone at (404) 965-0359 to request and arrange for accommodations.
Wood Partners At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.