Service Center Technician-CDL Driver
EnerSys is the global leader in stored energy solutions for industrial applications. We have over thirty manufacturing and assembly plants worldwide servicing over 10,000 customers in more than 100 countries. Worldwide headquarters are located in Reading, PA, USA with regional headquarters in Europe and Asia. We complement our extensive line of Motive Power and Energy Systems with a full range of integrated services and systems. With sales and service locations throughout the world, and over 100 years of battery experience, EnerSys is the power/full solution for stored DC power products.
Motive Power applications include industrial lift trucks and pallet jacks, rail equipment, mining equipment, and airline ground support equipment. Some of the motive power brands include Hawker, Ironclad, General Battery, and Fiamm. Wherever there is a need for motive power, EnerSys offers the perfect energy solution.
Learn More About Our Company
What We’re Offering
- Paid time off plus paid holidays
- Medical/dental/vision insurance plan
- Life insurance, short/long term disability, tuition reimbursement, flex spending, and employee stock purchase plan
- 401K plan
- Culture: We value and strive for excellence in all that we do through innovative technology by creating long lasting relationships with our stakeholders, co-workers, and customers. We continentally strive to foster teamwork, engagement and enhance our employee’s skills and competence by providing appropriate training.
Regularly drives truck to transport materials to and from specified destinations to perform installations and perform other tasks. Repair, adjust, clean or prepare batteries for shipment. Operate machines to test functioning of parts or mechanisms. Occasionally replace electrical or mechanical components or parts, using hand tools, power tools, or forklift equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- As business needs necessitate, travel to customer sites to evaluate, diagnose, and repair defective equipment.
- Removes and disassembles cells and inspects parts to detect defects.
- Replaces defective parts, reassembles battery, and fuses lead parts with gas torch.
- Fills cells with acid solution and determines specific gravity of solution.
- Attaches charger leads to battery posts or connector and starts charger.
- Reads meters and adjusts charge parameters to control time and flow of current through battery.
- Washes, cleans, and neutralizes customer’s batteries.
- Maintains truck log, if necessary, according to state and federal regulations.
- Maintains telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive pickup and delivery instructions.
- Maintains records of performance reports.
- Prepares new product for shipment.
- Loads and unloads truck.
- Follows all company policies and procedures as listed, but not limited to: warranty, safety, environmental, OSHA, DOT Hazmat, and ISO9000.
- Other duties may apply.
- A high school diploma or equivalent; or industry related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A basic mechanical aptitude.
- Previous experience working with hand and power tools.
- Able to read and comprehend manuals, procedures, and other written documents written in English.
Enersys At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.