Senior Field Service Engineer - Analyzer Systems
Senior Field Service Engineer - Analyzer Systems
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In this role, you will execute medium to high complexity service work, installation, commissioning, maintenance, upgrades and retrofits, according to work instructions and in accordance with ABB processes, standards and safety guidelines. You will be responsible for executing medium to high complex analyzer system/shelter service work, startups, commissioning, testing and troubleshooting of ABB’s portfolio and third party analytical products, according to work instructions and in accordance with ABB standard processes, quality standards and safety guidelines.
This position reports to
- Apply safety rules and safe practices as well as environmental responsibilities and report unsafe practices and incidents.
- Contribute to customer satisfaction by planning and executing Service work according to customer order and expectation.
- Ensure customer retention by delivering superior customer experiences and effectively communicating service work timeline and expectations.
- Work with customer to identify opportunities in the installed base to improve system performance and operational performance improvements.
- While on site, work with the customer to identify opportunities for improving the customers operations and eliminating pain points, utilizing the local practices for notifying the account team of opportunities.
- Perform complex field service operations that typically present unusual problems requiring strong technical skills. Construct complex prototype models or simulated systems, as requested
- Preventative Maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of ABB System Integration Unit supplied analyzer systems
- Installation, commissioning, of new and existing analytical field service equipment. Conduct tests or experiments requiring selection and adaptation or modification of equipment and procedures. Record, compile and analysis of data and assist in related assessment and preparation of reports
- Upgrade complex applications after understanding the new measurement and application requirements. This complex task typically takes 8 to 10 years of process experience along with detail understanding of gas chromatography and sample handling systems
- Application knowledge of refining and LNG (Liquefied Natural Gas) processes as they relate to process analytical measurements to ensure the quality of the customer’s refined products
- Extensive sample and sample handling systems mandatory to ensure the correct operations of ABB technology.
- Prepare material lists needed for service activity and ensure that all materials, parts and equipment are available and at the appropriate quality for service activities.
- Prepare all documents and customer reports to be signed by the customer representative, utilizing all relevant tools.
- Report work done in a timely manner and follow-up when needed.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment, applying own knowledge and experience.
- Recommend changes such as new equipment or modified procedures to improve performance and customer satisfaction. Conduct detailed inventories and inspections to determine necessary maintenance and repair and assist in determining resource requirements.
- Act as a technical consultant in own specific area of expertise.
- Proactively plan and execute work on a first time right approach with customers and ensuresthe job is done on time and on quality.
- Identify improvement needs and potential solutions for them in the way of working and the products in question and drives improvement actions in own area of responsibility.
- Act as trainer when needed, for team members and customers, coaching technicians and engineers and supervise complex site activities.
- Support the certification process of associate field service engineers and field service engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Analyzer, Chemical or Instrumentation Engineering or a similar field and minimum 6 years of experience in Process Analytical products or Analyzer System service.
- Service experience in the analyzer manufacturer, analyzer system integrator, petrochemical, oil & gas industries preferred.
- Knowledge on HVACs, PLCs and/or Networking is a plus.
- A strong focus on safe work practices and dedication to following workplace safety guidelines.
- A high level of self motivation, curiosity and desire to learn about new technologies.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Healthcare plan
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB's Measurement & Analytics division is among the world's leading manufacturers and suppliers of smart instrumentation and analyzers. With thousands of experts around the world and high-performance digital technology, ABB's team is dedicated to making measurement easy for its industrial and energy customers to let them operate more efficiently and profitably. We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/2022-10/EEOC_KnowYourRights_screen_reader_10_20.pdf https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner. #LI-Hybrid
ABB At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.