Senior Building Engineer
Title: Senior Building Engineer
Location: Cambridge, MA (Onsite)
The Senior Building Engineer is a position in the line of operations of the client. The incumbent is responsible for identifying, isolating and repairing most problems with HVAC, Electrical equipment, and mechanical systems. Responsibilities also include assigning, coordinating and completing corrective and preventative maintenance work requests.
· Troubleshoot HVAC & electrical equipment and controls to determine problems and perform necessary repairs
· Maintain HVAC equipment on an ongoing basis as part of the facilities preventive maintenance program
· Coordinate daily work load of all trades and conduct weekly Toolbox talks with the crew
· Make recommendations for improvement on existing HVAC systems and equipment
· Perform other related duties as assigned such as snow removal, assisting other tradesmen, and emergency repairs
· Provide support to other members of the crew and on call person
Equipment Maintenance, Repairs and Inspections:
· Adhere to established work order preventive maintenance schedule
· Provide labor for preventive maintenance and repairs to mechanical equipment and systems
· HVAC & Electrical maintenance and repairs
· Review weekend work and ensure that material is available
Energy Management and Conservation:
· Operate, evaluate, and set efficient parameters for the energy management systems to achieve maximum efficiency and cost savings
· Continually evaluate new equipment and ideas to maximize efficiency and cost savings
Engineering/Technical Consulting: Provide technical assistance to client regarding the operation of the facilities mechanical and HVAC systems
· Perform weekly usual inspection of the facility roofs to clear debris and to make note of any deterioration or damage to the roof
· On a monthly basis, clean out all roof drains to ensure proper drainage of water from the roof
· Supervise and coordinate the work of outside contractors during repair or replacement projects
Plumbing Repair and Maintenance:
· Repair flush-o-meters, faucets, and valves
· Provide labor and equipment necessary to attempt to unclog sewage and drain lines
· Perform monthly test and inspection of sewer ejector pumps (if applicable)
General Mechanical Repair and Maintenance:
· Repair or replace damaged passage sets
· Repair, replace, or adjust inoperable interior doors and closers
· Replace damaged, stains, or missing ceiling tiles
· Refasten existing or replace damaged cove-base
· Hang bulletin boards, writing boards, and pictures
· Adhere to established mechanical work order preventive maintenance schedule.
Supervisory Responsibilities (if any):
· Lead and direct the other employees
· Develop and implement a mechanical preventive maintenance program
· Ability to plan and organize HVAC work and general facility maintenance work
· Ability to identify and repair complex HVAC electronic and pneumatic controls
· Must possess a current Massachusetts Refrigeration Journeyman or Electrical License
· 5+ years as an HVAC mechanic or electrician within a commercial, industrial or similar environment with a high school diploma or GED
· Ability to lift in excess of 50 pounds
· Ability to effectively communicate with customer and subordinates.
· Experience operating a Computerized Maintenance Management Systems.
· Relevant experience troubleshooting control systems. Siemens Apogee Systems required, Johnson Controls Metasys system knowledge preferred.
· Strong knowledge of air handling systems, airflow and IAQ (Indoor Air Quality) issues, heating systems and exhaust systems is required
· Must have the ability to read and interpret detailed plans, specifications, operating manuals and other written materials associated with this trade.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact effectively at all levels.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $95,000.00 per year
- 5 years
- 10 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Cambridge, MA 02142: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- HVAC mechanic or electrician: 5 years (Required)
- Massachusetts Refrigeration Journeyman or Electrical License (Required)
Work Location: In person
MRCC Solutions At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.