Senior Automotive Service Technician
Join the Nation's #1 Automotive Service Provider
If you're a certified automotive service technician with strong experience and solid leadership skills, this is your opportunity to align your career with the number one automotive retailer and service provider in the nation. At AutoNation, we value our employees and provide our senior technicians some great advantages:
- Even at the senior level, you'll find opportunities to grow your career. For example, in time, you could pursue a role as a Service Manager or other service leader, Service Advisor, and more.
- Leverage the breadth of your experience and add to your skills, including manufacturer certifications. We offer tuition and certification reimbursement.
- With over 300 locations from coast to coast, nobody represents more manufacturers (from Ford to Chevrolet and Toyota to Mercedes-Benz) than us. We have advancement and transfer opportunities nationwide.
- We promote a collaborative inclusive and welcoming environment where each individual feels valued, respected and heard. You’ll play an important role in our community and culture.
- We offer competitive compensation and outstanding benefits including transparent pay through our technician wage grid, medical and other insurances, a 401(k) with company match, and much more.
To be a good fit for the role of Senior Automotive Service Technician, you will have:
- Five (5) years or more experience as a manufacturer certified dealership technician.
- Successful completion of all manufacturers required repair and maintenance training coursework.
- Solid mechanical skills, manual dexterity, and the ability to operate power and hand tools, and other types of machinery.
- Knowledge of the automotive repair life cycle
- Attention to detail; organization and follow-up skills
- Your own set of tools
- Valid in-state driver’s license, and acceptable, safe driving record
- Ability to operate a manual transmission is a plus
As Senior Technician, you will perform vehicle repairs and maintenance as assigned and in accordance with dealer and factory standards. You will build productive relationships with the internal team and build Customer loyalty by developing trust and ensuring confidence in AutoNation through the service you provide and the resulting vehicle safety and reliability.
Daily, you may interact with customers, service advisors, other technicians, parts associates, cashiers, sales associates, and managers, and perform duties including:
- Vehicle repairs and/or maintenance work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Communicating with Parts Department and Service Advisors regularly to effectively manage production and Customer communication.
- Diagnosing the cause of any malfunction and performing repairs, if authorized by the Customer.
- Conducting multi-point inspections and making appropriate recommendations to ensure the safety and reliability of Customer vehicles.
- Documenting work performed on each vehicle on the repair order.
- Maintaining an inventory of normal technician’s tools not normally inventoried by the Service Department as special tools.
- Keeping abreast of factory technical bulletins and participating in factory-sponsored training classes as appropriate.
- Providing an exceptional customer experience to drive loyalty.
Note: This description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
Drive Your Career forward - APPLY TODAY
AutoNation Ford Miami At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.