Sales Manager, Commercial Water
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we’re dedicated to bringing comfort to people’s lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we’re innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It’s an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem and help shape the future of products that impact people’s lives—every day.
Qualifications - External
Sales Manager, Commercial Water – Midwest is responsible for the planning, implementation and execution of activities associated with and in support of the growth of commercial water heating product sales within an assigned geographic region. The primary function is to promote and generate sales of commercial water heaters by representing Rheem’s business to distributors, contractors, specifying engineers, commercial national accounts and all those who specify or use commercial water heaters.
Responsible for identifying customer/New Build/Replacement opportunities. Interface with Mfg. Reps/Distributors/Specifying Engineers/Contractors. Driving Commercial Sales Growth.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop, manage, and execute Commercial Business Plan for assigned sales territory. This includes defining specific sales goals (market share, shipments) and prioritizing and converting key customers (contractors/specifying engineers/commercial national accounts). Business plans should be aligned with Rheem objectives, and should include input from commercial sales representatives
- Clearly define and prioritize customer conversion targets, including contractors, commercial national accounts and specifiers and the level of investment required to build and maintain a long-term customer relationship, including training, programming, and Product requirements and marketing support.
- Formally report progress against business plans on a regular basis. Provide information as necessary to support quarterly reviews for the commercial business team.
- Directly responsible for planning, implementation, and execution of all commercial activities at assigned distribution and sales representatives.
- Sufficient technical background and capability with Rheem Water commercial products, including boilers, heaters, tank-type, and tankless water heating systems.
- Develop and present commercial product and marketing training to sales agencies, distributors, contractors, and specifiers.
- Support the Commercial team in acquiring product, product support materials and programming policies from the industry as required.
- Communicate commercial water heating related policies, strategies, and objectives as required to customers and channel partners.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in customer call/direct sales (preferably in plumbing related field)
- Experience with and knowledge of commercial water heater markets/distribution channels
- Demonstrated knowledge of the commercial water heating product lines
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and efficiently in an independent manner
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to develop customer and area specific commercial water heating marketing growth plans
- Strong presentation skills (Ability to effectively develop and present to management professionals)
- Demonstrate the ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Must be capable of traveling extensively – 50-75% of the time
HOW TO STAND OUT
- Demonstrated skills in business planning and customer analysis
- Prefer experience in plumbing related field
- Technical skills related to commercial water heating
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations: None Required
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Rheem encourages all qualified candidates to apply, including those of any race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The job description above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equivalent combination of education, experience, and skills may supplement above minimum job requirements.
For U.S. Based jobs, please note that Rheem is unable to hire candidates to be employed in the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Idaho, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia, or Wyoming.
Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
Payscale for this role based in California is:$90,000-111,000 . Please note all pay ranges are broadly stated and any final offer is dependent on factors such as location, direct experience, market guidance and internal equity, among other qualifying criteria”.
Rheem Manufacturing At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.