Pay: $75000 per year - $77000 per year
At Great Wolf the Sales Manager strategically targets high margin sales opportunities and converts those opportunities to sales wins, achieving assigned goals and contributing to the overall success of the Lodge.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and execute comprehensive outbound prospecting strategy to secure new and existing group room and event business, specifically targeting shoulder and off-peak groups
- Increase market share through effective networking, research and business development activities in order to target, solicit and win new business
- Convert group and meeting inquiries to sales via fast response time, exceptional sales skills and diligent client service
- Represent Great Wolf at local and regional trade and travel shows in accordance with Lodge strategy to promote Groups brand and uncover new opportunities
- Demonstrate strong account management fundamentals, including effective entry of all activities in CRM system, tracing next steps, pipeline management and setting future meetings.
- Build and maintain key client relationships, generating repeat business and lifetime value
- Prepare compelling group proposals, sales materials and contracts that result in sales wins
- Deliver on assigned group room and catering sales goals that contribute to the overall financial success of the lodge
- Exercise appropriate authority to skillfully negotiate contracting terms including, but not limited to, pricing for meeting room rental and audio visual
- Submit a weekly report to the director of sales and catering documenting sales activities, converted business and pipeline progression
- Create and update quarterly sales action plans outlining business development objectives and market segment strategy
- Provide consultation/advice to clients on all aspects of lodge's facilities and services when proposing and contracting groups and events
- Monitors room blocks and communicates with appropriate property personnel on a weekly basis regarding group room pick-ups, rooming lists, etc.
- Represent the lodge in investigating and resolving any group complaints or conflicts including, but not limited to: billing issues, misplaced items, reservations and contract discrepancies
- Complete Banquet Event Orders (BEOs) and Resumes for clients and operations departments to communicate specific needs, contracted/agreed-upon details and pricing for the meeting, event or program
- Provide detailed information on meeting-specific needs throughout the entire booking process from negotiation through departure
- Enter accurate rooming lists, routing information, tax-exempt status and verification of payment in Company software systems
- Maintain Posting Master (PM) account ledger by keeping track of all open PM accounts
- Able to lift up to 20lbs
- Able to bend, stretch, and twist
- Able to stand or sit for long periods of time
Great Wolf Lodge Resorts At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.