Sales Associate, CA Job 94.23
$17.00 to $19.00 per hour
DUNN-EDWARDS: THE BEST JOB IN RETAIL! HERE’S WHY:
- Career opportunities: At Dunn-Edwards, we believe in promoting from within and invest in your training and development. We have multiple avenues available that employees can travel as they grow their career: store operations, field sales and corporate support roles.
- We love our environment: We have the only LEED certified paint manufacturing facility in the World! Don’t know what LEED means? Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design - in a nutshell, it is one of the most well-respected green building certification programs used worldwide.
- Work-life balance: Our stores close at 5:00pm Monday – Sunday, (store hours/days vary by location) and are closed most major Holidays. Due to our business model, we have some of the most desirable hours in retail.
- Since 1925, Dunn-Edwards has been renowned as the professionals’ #1 choice for paint and coatings. Simply put, we make great products and have great employees. We started as a family-owned company and those values hold true to this day.
- World class benefits, including tuition assistance program.
- True team atmosphere: You get to work with multiple departments that all have the common goal: being the #1 choice for all who paint. Respect, friendliness, professionalism and fun are the hallmarks of our company culture.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB: Sales Associates at Dunn-Edwards deliver customer service that offers a distinctive shopping experience for both homeowners and professionals. Your responsibilities as a Sales Associate include demonstrating outstanding customer service and selling skills, continuously learning about the coatings industry, keeping sales floor stocked with merchandise, organizing the sales floor and stock areas and building trusted partnerships with our painting professionals.
Sales Associates interact with customers via phone and in-person to offer expert advice, while also processing and completing transactions. In addition, the Sales Associate is responsible for upholding Dunn-Edwards store vision of fast and reliable service, while ensuring that the store is well stocked and maintained. Sales Associates continuously learn about the industry, products and services through Dunn-Edwards Learning Network and various job certification programs that better assist in answering questions and making proper recommendations, as well as building a foundation for potential advancement opportunities as Dunn-Edwards continues to grow.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Making a connection with customers, asking questions about their project, then giving options and advice on meeting those needs
- Ensure delivery of product as needed meets both Dunn-Edwards’ and customers’ quality and service expectations
- Conduct self in professional manner - always acting as a positive extension of the Dunn-Edwards brand
- Efficiently take customer orders through various methods (email, phone, in-person) and process through point-of-sale
- Adhere to company safety standards at all times
- Clean and maintain all areas of store and equipment as assigned
- Assist with maintaining proper merchandise inventory levels
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly both written and verbal
- The ability to stock and merchandise products according to planogram
- Meet expectations of core competencies related to the position:
Customer Focus, Attention to Detail, Problem Solving, Initiative and Teamwork
- Additional duties as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job does not have supervisory responsibilities. There are no subordinate supervisors reporting to this job.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Four years of High School with diploma or GED equivalent; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Read and write English for safety purposes.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to Operate a Point of Sales system and complete cash transactions with financial accuracy.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: None.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: This job will require general computer knowledge, mathematical experience and customer service skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Dunn-Edwards At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.