This job posting has expired, no longer accepting applications, or has been filled.
Risk and Compliance Specialist - SPOT
At Uber, providing outstanding customer support that establishes trust for riders and driver partners-our community-is a core feature of our product experience. We invest in this mission and trust in providing the highest quality service executed in the smartest, most efficient way.
The Special Projects Operations Team is a critical part of Uber's success, working with partners across the business to ensure compliance to regulatory standards. We're looking for a Specialist, (you!), to support efforts within our Phoenix Center of Excellence (COE) located at 201 E. Washington St. As a SPOT Specialist you will be tasked in quickly and accurately completing process work on a variety of mission-critical tasks that are too critical or too new to move to a permanent home. This role relies on multiple tools and modalities to ensure our supply is not impacted by regulatory change.
This entry level role changes daily. Your Monday will not look like your Friday and maintaining an open mind to these changes is crucial. The organization prides itself on being agile and solution-oriented, and it is not uncommon to work on multiple different projects within a week.
The Phoenix COE is working remotely at this time and a return to office date has not been set. You must be able to work from home with a secure internet connection and be able to work out of the Phoenix COE 50% of the time once we return to office.
- Uber does not provide visa sponsorship for this role**
- Perform basic research and data entry related to multiple crucial projects
- Maintain excellent interpersonal skills and integrity while delivering outstanding customer service via administrative processing, chat modalities, and/or outbound phone calls
- Be able to learn and master multiple systems used within the workplace
- Communicate quickly and effectively to internal Uber members as needed
- Become an expert on processes and may help with sophisticated problem solving
- Follow process guides to complete tasks and provide support to various crucial initiatives
- Investigate fraud instances and take action accordingly
- Conduct outbound call campaigns and support supply campaigns sought at getting earners on the road
- Take on projects to update and audit partner documentation
- Some experience or internship in a compliance/quality focused industry such as banking, insurance underwriting, or lending
- OR some experience or internship working in a fast-paced technology or operations environment
- Demonstrated leadership in workplace, school setting, community, or other environment
- Basic Excel or Google Sheets skills
- Experience in operational or process improvement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to listen effectively and switch tones between internal teams and external customer communication
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and handle time effectively
- Excellent interpersonal skills, integrity, and follow-through on tasks
- Must work well in a team environment, contributing to a collaborative work environment where people learn from one another and continuously improve processes on behalf of users
- Basic analytical/technical skills Ability to work with sensitive customer information
For Phoenix, AZ-based roles: The base hourly rate amount for this role is USD$20.50 per hour. You will be eligible to participate in Uber's bonus program, and may be offered other types of comp. You will also be eligible for various benefits. More details can be found at the following link https://www.uber.com/careers/benefits.
Uber At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.