This job posting has expired, no longer accepting applications, or has been filled.
Retail Sales Lead
Take your first step into leadership as a Retail Sales Lead! You'll earn $21.50 hour (Base of $17.50 plus bonus of $4.00+ per hour) while working on your skills in developing other future leaders. You will model and drive a WOW Customer Experience-focused selling culture, and provide consistent leadership and support to achieve or exceed sales and profitability goals. You will do this while consistently exemplifying, maintaining, and fostering the mission and values of Road Runner Sports. In partnership with the rest of the store's leadership team, you will lead your team by example within all areas of performance including but not limited to the WOW Experience, Fit Zone, and KPI Metrics. This position reports directly to the Retail Store Manager.
What you'll get to do:
- Consistently maintain a positive can-do attitude and be open to feedback
- Maintain a branded store experience through consistent visual execution, standards, and recovery
- Develop, support, and retain a high-performance customer- team through consistent coaching, training and recognition
- Ensure a WOW customer experience, including visual execution/standards and customer engagement
- Create a culture of recognition and accountability that delivers exceptional customer experiences and drives sales & KPI results
- Assess and analyze business trends utilizing all available reporting to problem solve business opportunities and take appropriate action
- Validate and ensure execution of all omni-channel initiatives
- Validate and ensure execution of all customer loyalty initiatives and activities
- Assist store leadership in managing team member attendance and utilizing the labor flex tool to manage labor to the needs of the business
- Responsible for organizing, planning and execution of all visual merchandising in store with partnership of entire management team
- Address and resolve employee issues and/or concerns with appropriate partnership
- Support and maintain strong inventory management and data integrity routines
- Support and maintain strong operational execution and compliance activities
- Support and maintain a safe work environment through ongoing safety training
- Consistently coach and role model the selling behaviors that support the WOW Experience and the “100% Commitments.”
- Availability and flexibility to scheduling of the needs of the business including irregular hours and evenings and weekends
- Consistently conduct Quality Reviews (QR’s)
- Conduct new hire training for all Fit Experts including “Perfect Fit Finder”.
- Prepare and conduct thorough team meetings: specifically highlighting retail initiatives and areas of focus
- Effectively open and close the store, and lead the sales floor in absence of the Store Manager
- Other essential duties may be assigned from time to time
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university and 1 year of related experience preferred, or equivalent combination of the education and experience
- Minimum of 1+ years of relevant leadership experience in a fast-paced specialty retail selling culture is preferred
- Leadership skills including: Excellent customer experience behaviors, a strong sense of urgency, attention to detail, creative problem solving and sound decision making skills, effective delegation and validation and the ability to efficiently execute daily priorities
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends depending upon the needs of the business
- Ability to perform the basic functions of the job.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills in both verbal and written format.
- Must demonstrate an openness to feedback and ability to be open minded and adaptable to changing priorities
- Earn competitive pay plus bonus potential
- Receive out of this world training to grow your career
- Contribute to an OUTSTANDING team as you drive in store sales
- Be the envy of your friends with discounts on ALL the latest gear and footwear
- Enjoy free running and walking events
- Take pride in merchandising, and maintaining an immaculate workplace
After acceptance of a potential offer, the successful completion of a background check will be required prior to start date. The offer is contingent upon the information received in this report, and will be carried out in accordance with Local, State, and Federal laws.
We’re committed to protecting your privacy rights. We collect personal information from you, including personally identifying information, professional or employment-related information, and educational information. The purpose of this collection is to assist in evaluating your application for employment.
To ensure your application is received as timely as possible, we encourage you to apply directly onto our Road Runner Sports Career page.
As you apply directly on our site, we will be reaching out to you within the next 10 days should your experience and qualifications meet our requirements for this position.
Road Runner Sports At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.