Refrigeration Services Technician
Refrigeration Services Tech for RUI is a position with is a union position with an extremely competitive pay and benefit package. Current Union membership is not required and will be facilitated by employer for the right candidate. We have opportunities in WA, OR, ID, CA, and AK.
- Assist in the repair, install, and troubleshooting of commercial refrigeration systems – primarily supermarkets.
- Provide technical support, service and repair of commercial refrigeration unit/systems.
- Ensure all documentation is complete and proper turnover to the Refrigeration Service Department.
- Must have a thorough understanding of the operations of commercial refrigeration systems, including controls.
- Must have a thorough understanding and the ability to interpret refrigeration plans and electrical schematics in order to implement a functional system while ensuring specifications are being followed.
- Diagnosing problems and make repairs to refrigeration systems.
- Braze or solder parts to repair defective joints and leaks
- Dismantle malfunctioning systems and test components, using electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic testing equipment
- Operate tools, gauges and other testing equipment for refrigeration systems
- Adjust valves according to specifications and charge system with proper type of refrigerant by pumping the specified gas or fluid into the system
- Install expansion and control valves, using acetylene torches and wrenches
- Mount compressor, condenser, and other components in specified locations on frames, using hand tools and acetylene welding equipment
- Keep records of repairs and replacements made and causes of malfunctions
- Lay out reference points for installation of structural and functional components, using measuring instruments
- Must possess strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Ability to work both independently and in teams as needed
- Good math, communication, and basic computer skills are essential
- Physical condition is important, as this job will require lifting and carrying equipment, as well as standing, kneeling or stooping for long periods of time
- Collaborate with management team to maintain RUI’s technical abilities and reputation in the marketplace
- Willingly provide insight, suggestions, and methods to better RUI as a company
- Proactively take on other tasks, as needed
- Complete tasks accurately and on time
- Minimum of 5 years of related work experience.
- Willingness to travel to job sites, as requested
- Candidates must pass a pre-employment drug test and background check, as well as a search of motor vehicle records.
Refrigeration Unlimited At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.