Refrigeration & HVAC Technician
- Properly troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair Commercial Refrigeration Equipment, Ice Machines and HVAC systems to include installation and repairing systems by mounting, installing, fabricating, or connecting compressors, condensers, evaporators, motors, expansion and discharge values, motors and fans, control panels, switches, fuses, filters, gauges, ducts, piping, tubing, and related components.
- Work on commercial kitchen and cooking equipment such as: mixers, grilles/griddles, char-grills, ovens (deck and pizza), warming cabinets, holding cabinets, food wells, fryers, steamers, and pasta cookers
- Maintain a neat and orderly truck, appearance, and customer first mentality.
- Communicate effectively with customers and managers
- Holds an EPA Certificate
- Brings 1-2 years of Field experience or current/graduate of technical program
- Ability to be on an on-call rotation schedule
- Top of the line training both internal and external classes
- Ability to earn your Master CFESA technician certification
- Opportunity to make a leader, be a leader.
- Competitive Pay, top of the line benefit package to include immediate subsidized medical insurance plan, 401K with company match.
- Company paid life insurance, as well as Short/Long term disability programs should needs ever arise.
- Stocked and parts-maintained company vehicle, gas card and spending card.
- Vacation and holiday pay
- On call Bonus – even when you do not get called out!
- On-the-job training with available on-demand technical support as well as ongoing formal hands-on and classroom training at our National Training Kitchen. Professional CFESA certifications with the potential for advancement.
- Receive a company service vehicle, fuel card, tablet and cell phone for business use
- Take charge of your career through growth opportunities including advanced technician and management positions
- Partner with restaurant and hospitality managers to offer comprehensive service solutions for commercial cooking, refrigeration, ware-washing, and other specialty food service equipment
- Demonstrate your mechanical aptitude, troubleshooting skills and ability to read diagrams and schematics
- Properly troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair Commercial Kitchen Equipment, including cooking, refrigeration, ware-washing and other specialty food service equipment
- Communicate with manufacturers as needed to help with diagnoses and parts identification
- Consult with the Technical Assistance Group for technical support while onsite
- Install all parts ordered for the customer in a timely and professional manner and in line with company policy
- Promote and recommend other services provided by Smart Care to customers when needed
- Produce accurate and timely administrative documents, such as work orders, time reporting, receipts, and truck stock inventory
- Follow safe work practices and accident prevention procedures
- Maintain a neat and orderly service vehicle, along with accurate parts and tool inventory
- Maintain productivity levels in accordance with company standards
- Ability to frequently kneel, bend, squat, push, pull, reach, and occasionally lift and carry up to 70 pounds
- Ability to work with moving mechanical parts, pressurized steam equipment, open flames, heated surfaces, liquids, and risk of electrical shock in damp, humid, or freezing conditions
- Ability to work on ladders, roofs, and other high places
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1 year of technical experience with refrigeration, appliance repair, kitchen equipment, HVAC, or relevant military service
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable motor vehicle record
- Willingness and ability to be involved with the emergency on-call rotation that includes nights and weekends
- Availability for occasional overnight travel as assigned
- Immigration sponsorship not provided for this role
- Relevant technical training, licenses, and/or certifications (i.e. EPA, CFESA)
- Commercial refrigeration and/or commercial cooking equipment repair experience
- Self-motivated with the proven ability prioritize and work independently with minimal direct supervision
About Smart Care
Smart Care Solutions At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.