Date: Nov 1, 2023
Location: PHOENIX, AZ, US, 85004-3903
Arizona Public Service generates clean, reliable and affordable energy for 2.7 million Arizonans. Our service territory stretches across the state, from the border town of Douglas to the vistas of the Grand Canyon, from the solar fields of Gila Bend to the ponderosa pines of Payson. As the state’s largest and longest-serving energy provider, our more than 6,000 dedicated employees power our vision of creating a sustainable energy future for Arizona.
Since our founding in 1886, APS has demonstrated a strong commitment to our customers in one of the country’s fastest growing states, earning a reputation for customer satisfaction, shareholder value, operational excellence and business integrity.
Our present and future success depends on the creative and dedicated people of our company who demonstrate the principles outlined in the APS Promise: Design for Tomorrow, Empower Each Other and Succeed Together.
The Recruiting Specialist fosters relationships with hiring managers, candidates, and team members to effectively develop and execute proactive sourcing and pipeline plans while managing the overall recruiting lifecycle. Recruiting Specialists are assigned roles that are entry level and/or high volume, may involve recruiting processes that are procedural, and can be filled using conventional recruiting tactics. This role may participate in special projects or support recruiting coordination such as interview scheduling and onboarding, as needed.
Bachelor's degree preferred or an equivalent combination of four (4) years relevant work experience in Human Resources, Business Management or a related area. In addition, successful candidate will need three (3) years of human resources experience. Recruiting experience strongly preferred.
1) Consults with hiring leaders and human resource professionals to develop hiring strategies that ensure attraction and sourcing of talent that leads to a positive end-to-end hiring experience.
2) Creatively source high caliber candidates by maximizing sourcing strategies.
3) Reviews / screens resumes, conduct interviews and presents top candidates.
4) Manages candidate through selection process and act as a candidate advocate.
5) Initiates and drives special projects to elevate the recruiting process and implement creative methods to find and place top tier candidates.
6) Interacts with hiring leaders and human resource professionals to support the workforce planning needs of the business.
7) Tracks analytical data regarding all facets of the hiring process, to include sourcing effectiveness, offer rate, accept rate, time to fill and other analysis as needed.
8) Coordinates and attends recruiting events including job fairs, open houses, college fairs and community networking sessions.
9) Expertise in employment law as it relates to hiring and record keeping.
10) Maintains requisition folders ensuring compliance with all policies/procedures.
11) Updates Applicant Tracking System in a timely manner to ensure the system accurately reflects requisition and candidate activity.
Export Compliance / EEO Statement
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, 'U.S. Export Control Laws'). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates ('Pinnacle West') maintain a continuing policy of nondiscrimination in employment. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity in all phases of the employment process and in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. This policy of nondiscrimination shall include, but not be limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, compensating, reassigning, demoting, transferring, laying off, recalling, terminating employment, and training for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, disability, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other classification or characteristic protected by law.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to EEO is the Law poster. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of every person hired to work in the United States, refer to E-Verify poster. View the employee rights and responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
Arizona Public Service is a smoke free workplace.
- APS office based: The employee prefers to work most of the time from an APS facility.
- Home based: The employee prefers to work most of the time from his/her home.
Arizona Public Service At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.