RMWH Material Handler
- Follow standard practices and perform all work promptly and accurately, obtaining quality and quantity objectives.
- Accurately receive, store, and/ or deliver incoming and outgoing materials, components, finished goods, etc.
- Accurately and correctly input data via computer and/ or hand- held scanner into the inventory management system
- Supports inventory accuracy through daily operations, cycle counting, and physical inventory.
- High School Diploma/GED
Graphic Literacy 4
Workplace Documents 3
- Basic Math
- ability to use hand scanner and PC
- follow directions
- ability move/roll 50 lb tires
- bending and lifting
- Ensure delivery and service quality towards customers.
- Coordinate the production receipt, storage, picking, delivery, and tracking of finished tires both domestically and internationally including document preparation
- Agree on receiving quantities and dates with production
- Effectively collaborate and coordinate operations with Quality. Ensure compliance to all mandatory requirements including Safety, Environmental, ISO, Quality, Plant policy, Corporate Policy, housekeeping, etc.
- Complete special tasked assigned by Warehouse Manager & Plant Operations Manager
- Establish, implement and control processes for all warehouse functions according to Continental Quality Management.
- Coordinate with Transportation to schedule warehouse activities to effectively and productively meet customer delivery requirements
- Evaluate optimization potential for existing warehousing and production supply processes.
- Develop and maintain processes and system setting to ensure on time deliveries
- Strive for optimal quality, costs and customer satisfaction - Lead and manage subordinates
- Create and excecute employee planning, shift planning, personnel development planning.
- Coordination of team under consideration of existing processes (reclamation, delivery quantity, warehouse strategies…)
- Holding employee dialogues on a frequent basis.- Coordinate with central and local IT team to support SAP EWM (eLiSA) system
- Resolve system issues during daily system operation and work on optimization potential.
- Write and Maintain local work instructions, user guides and other quality management system documentation
- Train Warehouse staff in system- Execute yearly inventory taking including necessary reportings.
- Maintain SAP system master data
- Manage warehouse storage conditions to optimize storage capacities while ensuring efficient warehouse operations and inventory control including FIFO
- Provide warehouse reporting such as: Inventory Accuracy (Cycle Counts), Age, Bin Utilization, etc.
- Lead execution of both cycle counts and physical inventories- Ensures 5S standard throughout all warehouse areas and functions.
- Ensure ESH rules and regulations
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent, and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic, and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.
With its premium portfolio in the car, truck, bus, two-wheel and specialty tire segment, the Tires group sector stands for innovative solutions in tire technology. Intelligent products and services related to tires and the promotion of sustainability complete the product portfolio. For specialist dealers and fleet management, Tires offers digital tire monitoring and tire management systems, in addition to other services, with the aim of keeping fleets mobile and increasing their efficiency. With its tires, Continental makes a significant contribution to safe, efficient, and environmentally friendly mobility.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
Field of work
Manufacturing Operations and Production
Continental Tire the Americas, LLC
Describe the culture at Continental.
Video length: 40 seconds
Hi there I'm Teebo and I work in Supply Chain for Continental Tire the …
Head of Supply Chain Operations
Continental At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.