REFRIGERATION MECHANIC, 1ST CL
REFRIGERATION MECHANIC, 1ST CL- (3266510)
General Summary/Overview Statement
- Installation of air-conditioning and refrigeration equipment
- Performs routine maintenance on equipment
- Knowledge of building automation systems.
- Ability to work with contractors.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Compliance with the Hospital and department rules on uniforms in addition to the Buildings & Grounds policy and procedure manual.
- The use of safety equipment such as: respirators, safety glasses, safety shoes, etc. on specific job assignments.
- a) Pass respirator clearance exam, b) along with compliance with Hospital’s universal precaution rules.
- Understand and practice patient confidentiality (HIPPA)
- Understand and practice infection control through proper dust containment. Understand the use of the environmental containment booths.
- Provide own hand tools.
- Must have a Refrigeration Technician’s License – Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Must have a EPA Type 1, Type 2 Certification
- Minimum of seven years related experience.
- Ability to read blue prints and schematic drawings.
- Interpersonal skills to: a) provide direction to other employees while working together on a project, b) communicate information about work to other trades personnel.
- Physical ability to climb ladders frequently and walk or stand very frequently. Occasionally (less than 15% of the time) must exert effort to lift over seventy pounds.
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.
Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH) At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.