RCM Representative Sr, Admitting and Registration
Hennepin Healthcare is an integrated system of care that includes HCMC, a nationally recognized Level I Adult Trauma Center and Level I Pediatric Trauma Center and acute care hospital, as well as a clinic system with primary care clinics located in Minneapolis and across Hennepin County. The comprehensive healthcare system includes a 473-bed academic medical center, a large outpatient Clinic & Specialty Center, and a network of clinics in the North Loop, Whittier, and East Lake Street neighborhoods of Minneapolis, and in the suburban communities of Brooklyn Park, Golden Valley, Richfield, and St. Anthony Village. Hennepin Healthcare has a large psychiatric program, home care, and operates a research institute, philanthropic foundation, and Hennepin EMS. The system is operated by Hennepin Healthcare System, Inc., a subsidiary corporation of Hennepin County.
Equal Employment Opportunities: We believe equity is essential for optimal health outcomes and are committed to achieve optimal health for all by actively eliminating barriers due to racism, poverty, gender identity, and other determinants of health. We are committed to equitable care and working in an environment that celebrates, promotes, and protects diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging. We are committed to bringing in individuals with new cultural perspectives to assist in creating a more equitable healthcare organization.
We are currently seeking an RCM Representative Senior to join our Admitting and Registration team. This .50 FTE role will work on-site (SHIFT: 4:00 PM - 8:30 PM, Monday - Friday, with the potential to work some weekends when short-staffed).
Purpose of this position: Working under general supervision, provides revenue cycle services to incoming and existing patients and their families either in person or by telephone. Is responsible for gathering patient information needed to provide services such as following up on complex claim issues, financial clearance, customer service, or admission. Works will be assigned via a work queue in the electronic health record system
- Gathers information from patients, clients/family members, HCMC clinical areas, government agencies, employers, third party payors, and/or medical payment programs, etc. both in-person and by telephone to register patients, gather or update information, obtain referrals and pre-authorizations, complete appropriate forms, conduct evaluations, determine benefits and eligibility (insurance, public programs, etc.), determine financial responsibility, and/or to identify sources of payment for services
- Requests, inputs, verifies, and modifies patient’s demographic, primary care provider, and payor information
- Utilizes tools, including computer programs, when indicated
- Makes appropriate referrals (i.e. Patient Financial Care Specialists, Collections Specialists) as appropriate
- Provides excellent customer service and timely response to questions and issues related to benefits, billing, claims, payments, etc.
- Answers questions (by phone and in-person) and provides quotes for services (including discounts), identifies financial resources, etc. in accordance with HCMC policies and procedures
- Utilizes various databases and specialized computer software for financial care activities including eligibility verifications, pre-authorizations, medical necessity, review/updating of patient accounts, etc.
- Establishes plans (patient liabilities, payment, etc.) and conducts follow up activities related to those plans
- Inputs, retrieves, and modifies information and data stored in computerized systems and programs; generates reports using computer software
- Explains charges, answers questions, and communicates a variety of requirements, policies, and procedures regarding patient financial care services and resources to patients, staff, payors, and agencies
- Works with Claims and Collections (both internally and with collection agencies) in order to assist patients and their families with billing and payment activities in order to increase cash flow
- Other duties as assigned
- 2 years clerical experience in health care revenue cycle operations: billing/claims, patient accounting, collections, admissions, registration, etc.
- Bilingual strongly preferred, required in some positions
Hennepin Healthcare At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.