Property Management: Maintenance Technician (Lives On-Site)
Our programs aim to provide the community with the tools, knowledge, and resources to transform their lives and ultimately achieve their long-term educational, career, and financial goals. These holistic programs and services reach more than 11,000 individuals and families annually in five languages. Programs include: early childhood education, youth mentorship and leadership development, employment services, career readiness training, housing and financial stability, senior citizen services, affordable housing and neighborhood development, and arts and cultural events. Our work expands beyond the Fruitvale district and now reaches across Oakland and into Concord. The Unity Council employs a diverse workforce of more than 250 people who reflect the linguistic, cultural, and ethnic identity of the communities we serve.
- Provide the highest level of customer service for residents, staff, and vendors
- Ensure units’ turnover according to policy.
- Perform typical maintenance duties such as, but not limited to:
- Carpentry repairs (i.e. repair/replace locks, drywall repair, cabinet repair, door hinges, door handles, etc.)
- Electrical repairs (i.e. appliances, lighting fixtures, outlets, etc.)
- Plumbing repairs (i.e. clearing stoppages, replace fittings, toilet replacement, etc.)
- Painting, both interior and exterior as needed
- Perform HVAC troubleshooting and repairs, as needed
- Performing general duties, preventative maintenance
- Thoroughly inspect vacated apartments, document necessary renovations, and re-inspect completed units for the highest quality of work
- Ensure that adequate lighting is maintained throughout property
- Maintain inventory control of all maintenance tools, equipment, and supplies
- Routinely inspect and evaluate the physical condition of grounds, common areas and building checking for safety compliance and correcting any safety hazards
- Comply with company safety policies and procedures, which includes attending safety meetings
- Participate in a standby emergency schedule for evening, weekend and holiday coverage
- Assist in custodial work as needed (i.e. sweeping, mopping, emptying trash, etc.)
- Ability to perform duties involving sitting, standing, walking, lifting up to 75 pound and climbing ladders and stairs.
- Ability to work under hot and cold conditions
- Other duties as assigned
- Monthly inspection of fire extinguisher/safety equipment
- May have to perform on call duties after hours.
- High school diploma or equivalent, college and/or trade school preferred
- Minimum of 2 years building maintenance experience or experience in a related field
- Knowledge of building maintenance and repair, including the ability to repair and maintain appliances, electrical, plumbing, and painting; HVAC and some carpentry experience preferred
- General understanding of the Microsoft Word and Excel, some experience with property management software preferred
- Must have good communication skills, written and verbal
- Must be able to handle daily responsibilities and projects with minimal direction
- Ability to work well with others and be dependable, reliable in attendance
- Bilingual Spanish preferred, but not mandatory
- Exposed to constant activity that requires intermittent standing, bending, crouching, pushing/pulling, lifting/moving/carrying, climbing ladders/stairs (must be able to lift/carry at least 30 lbs.)
- Valid California driver’s license and a reliabe motor vehicle.
- Physical exam
- Background check
SPANISH SPEAKING UNITY COUNCIL At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.