Property Maintenance Technician
Make a note of the home email address and the password that you use to complete your employment application. Should we contact you for this position, you must be able to receive emails at this home email address.
The Property Maintenance Technician is responsible for the daily upkeep of the entire property. He/she must monitor, maintain, repair and perform preventative maintenance on hotel property and equipment. Perform general maintenance duties as required. He or she is required to live on property during the term of employment and is required to follow all guidelines outlined in the “Terms of Guest Agreement” that is provided to guests. Additionally, this position is required to be on call for emergency situations. This position will also function as the Property Attendant one or two days each week as determined by the General Manager/Regional Operations Manager.
“Exhibit A” – as referenced in the property Maintenance technician resident and on-call agreement
I. Position Responsibilities: Essential
- Ensure that grounds are clean and free of clutter by picking up trash and debris
- Ensure the building is properly maintained by cleaning siding and walkways
- Ensure that vacant rooms are in good repair, including but not limited to walls, appliances, furniture, carpet, and cabinets
- Conduct maintenance room punch including but not limited to drywall repairs, paint, general repairs, shampoo carpets
- Perform preventive maintenance of guest rooms on a scheduled basis
- Ensure service request are performed in a timely manner
- Respond to all emergency calls in a timely manner
- Maintain interior hallway carpets
- Notify Supervisor immediately of any safety or security violations
- Notify Supervisor of any guest concerns
- Reconcile daily paperwork with supervisor prior to end of shift
- Perform functions as outlined in Property Attendant Job Description (Exhibit A), Property Maintenance Technician Resident and On-Call Agreement.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Knowledge of security and safety equipment including location and operation
II. Essential Skills/Credentials/Experience/Education
- Ability to read, speak, write and understand the English language in order to interact with guests and staff.
- Follow instructions, directions.
- Ability to compose and express thoughts in a clear and understandable way to ensure effective communications.
- Ability to manage multiple activities often in stressful situations.
- Possess working knowledge of air conditioning systems and equipment, including installation, maintenance and repair. Knowledge of general safety procedures such as selecting proper wire and fuse sizes and more.
- Possess knowledge and ability to perform a variety of general maintenance repairs. Ability to troubleshoot equipment and identify needs and parts.
- Possess working knowledge of electrical systems and components, electrical supplies and materials and the proper application of the same.
- Possess skill and ability to operate hand and power tools (drills, volt-OHM meter, amprobe, etc); dial indicators and testing equipment for air, water balancing and control calibration.
- Ability to organize oneself and one’s work and the ability to work with limited supervision.
III. Mental and Physical Demands
- Indoor and outdoor work with hard, carpeted & concrete surfaces
- Visual ability to read manufacturer instructions and the ability to discern various colors of electrical wiring
- Work on uneven surfaces in hot, cold and wet conditions, climb and stand on ladders at heights of up to approximately 30 feet
- Ability to work long hours on a regular basis (which may include weekends), as business conditions demand
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions, cold and heat
- Ride in elevator to floors
- Frequent walking, standing, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, bending, crouching and/or crawling throughout the day.
- Lifting and carrying over 50 lbs. and occasionally up to 100 lbs. Ability to reach with arms outstretched or overhead.
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by managers/supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent an expressed or implied contract of employment nor does it alter your at-will employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.
Intown Suites At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.